Nov 22, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
Pittsburgh to start Zatkoff
Jeff Zatkoff will make his first appearance since Nov. 2, getting the nod in goal for Pittsburgh tonight against the Islanders.
The little-used backup to Marc-Andre Fleury did record a shutout in his last game, a 19-save victory over Columbus, but has been largely inactive and still carries a 3.36 GAA and .865 save percentage on the year.
Neuvirth goes for Caps
Michal Neuvirth will get just his fifth start of the season tonight against Montreal.
The Czech ‘tender hasn’t played since allowing three goals on 35 shots in a 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Nov. 9. All told, Neuvirth has made just six appearances this season and has two wins — one against Calgary in early October, another against Florida on Nov. 2.
— Roberto Luongo goes for Vancouver tonight in the first of a back-to-back (the Canucks host Chicago tomorrow). No word yet on who Columbus will put in goal — Sergei Bobrovsky has carried the load as of late, but backup Curtis McElhinney was stellar in a mid-October win over the Canucks.
— Ben Bishop confirmed for Tampa against Anaheim. No confirmation yet on who the Ducks will have in goal.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54