Nov 22, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Pittsburgh to start Zatkoff
Jeff Zatkoff will make his first appearance since Nov. 2, getting the nod in goal for Pittsburgh tonight against the Islanders.
The little-used backup to Marc-Andre Fleury did record a shutout in his last game, a 19-save victory over Columbus, but has been largely inactive and still carries a 3.36 GAA and .865 save percentage on the year.
Neuvirth goes for Caps
Michal Neuvirth will get just his fifth start of the season tonight against Montreal.
The Czech ‘tender hasn’t played since allowing three goals on 35 shots in a 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Nov. 9. All told, Neuvirth has made just six appearances this season and has two wins — one against Calgary in early October, another against Florida on Nov. 2.
– Roberto Luongo goes for Vancouver tonight in the first of a back-to-back (the Canucks host Chicago tomorrow). No word yet on who Columbus will put in goal — Sergei Bobrovsky has carried the load as of late, but backup Curtis McElhinney was stellar in a mid-October win over the Canucks.
– Ben Bishop confirmed for Tampa against Anaheim. No confirmation yet on who the Ducks will have in goal.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25