Nov 22, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
The slumping Calgary Flames have been shaking things up of late — trading away Tim Jackman, acquiring Lane MacDermid — and head coach Bob Hartley kept it going Friday by announcing T.J. Galiardi would be a healthy scratch against Florida.
Galiardi, 25, was acquired from San Jose this summer and immediately signed to a one-year, $1.25 million extension. His time in Calgary started reasonably well — he had three points in his first three games — but he’s hit a wall since then, notching three assists (zero goals) over his last 19 contests.
Hartley has gone the healthy scratch route with other underachieving forwards this season — Sven Baertschi and Mikael Backlund most notably — but the Galiardi scratch is noteworthy because he’s appeared in all 22 games this year while averaging 16:30 TOI.
(What’s more, Galiardi sits second among Flames forwards in hits and leads all with 24 blocked shots.)
According to the Calgary Sun, Galiardi wouldn’t speak to the media after news of his healthy scratch broke. Blair Jones, who was called up from AHL Abbotsford following the Jackman trade, is expected to take Galiardi’s spot in the lineup.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)