Nov 22, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
The slumping Calgary Flames have been shaking things up of late — trading away Tim Jackman, acquiring Lane MacDermid — and head coach Bob Hartley kept it going Friday by announcing T.J. Galiardi would be a healthy scratch against Florida.
Galiardi, 25, was acquired from San Jose this summer and immediately signed to a one-year, $1.25 million extension. His time in Calgary started reasonably well — he had three points in his first three games — but he’s hit a wall since then, notching three assists (zero goals) over his last 19 contests.
Hartley has gone the healthy scratch route with other underachieving forwards this season — Sven Baertschi and Mikael Backlund most notably — but the Galiardi scratch is noteworthy because he’s appeared in all 22 games this year while averaging 16:30 TOI.
(What’s more, Galiardi sits second among Flames forwards in hits and leads all with 24 blocked shots.)
According to the Calgary Sun, Galiardi wouldn’t speak to the media after news of his healthy scratch broke. Blair Jones, who was called up from AHL Abbotsford following the Jackman trade, is expected to take Galiardi’s spot in the lineup.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)