Nov 22, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
The slumping Calgary Flames have been shaking things up of late — trading away Tim Jackman, acquiring Lane MacDermid — and head coach Bob Hartley kept it going Friday by announcing T.J. Galiardi would be a healthy scratch against Florida.
Galiardi, 25, was acquired from San Jose this summer and immediately signed to a one-year, $1.25 million extension. His time in Calgary started reasonably well — he had three points in his first three games — but he’s hit a wall since then, notching three assists (zero goals) over his last 19 contests.
Hartley has gone the healthy scratch route with other underachieving forwards this season — Sven Baertschi and Mikael Backlund most notably — but the Galiardi scratch is noteworthy because he’s appeared in all 22 games this year while averaging 16:30 TOI.
(What’s more, Galiardi sits second among Flames forwards in hits and leads all with 24 blocked shots.)
According to the Calgary Sun, Galiardi wouldn’t speak to the media after news of his healthy scratch broke. Blair Jones, who was called up from AHL Abbotsford following the Jackman trade, is expected to take Galiardi’s spot in the lineup.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)