Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 AM EST
Last week, the supposedly upstart Edmonton Oilers left the ice having to explain in great disappointment yet another loss.
What a quick turnaround it’s suddenly been. The Oilers are now officially on a winning streak.
Their latest victory came Thursday, as the Oilers soundly defeated the Florida Panthers 4-1 on home ice for their third straight win. The streak started Saturday, with a come-from-behind win over Calgary on Saturday.
The night before, they were thumped on home ice by the San Jose Sharks in what was their fifth consecutive loss, and 10th loss in their last 11 games.
“The biggest thing is we’re bearing down on our chances and burying our opportunities when we get them,” said Nugent-Hopkins afterward.
Scottie Upshall scored the lone goal for the Panthers, coming late in the second period.
Prior to his goal, the Oilers had outscored their opponents 14-0 dating back to the third period Saturday against Calgary.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)