Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 AM EDT
Last week, the supposedly upstart Edmonton Oilers left the ice having to explain in great disappointment yet another loss.
What a quick turnaround it’s suddenly been. The Oilers are now officially on a winning streak.
Their latest victory came Thursday, as the Oilers soundly defeated the Florida Panthers 4-1 on home ice for their third straight win. The streak started Saturday, with a come-from-behind win over Calgary on Saturday.
The night before, they were thumped on home ice by the San Jose Sharks in what was their fifth consecutive loss, and 10th loss in their last 11 games.
“The biggest thing is we’re bearing down on our chances and burying our opportunities when we get them,” said Nugent-Hopkins afterward.
Scottie Upshall scored the lone goal for the Panthers, coming late in the second period.
Prior to his goal, the Oilers had outscored their opponents 14-0 dating back to the third period Saturday against Calgary.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)