Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 AM EDT
Last week, the supposedly upstart Edmonton Oilers left the ice having to explain in great disappointment yet another loss.
What a quick turnaround it’s suddenly been. The Oilers are now officially on a winning streak.
Their latest victory came Thursday, as the Oilers soundly defeated the Florida Panthers 4-1 on home ice for their third straight win. The streak started Saturday, with a come-from-behind win over Calgary on Saturday.
The night before, they were thumped on home ice by the San Jose Sharks in what was their fifth consecutive loss, and 10th loss in their last 11 games.
“The biggest thing is we’re bearing down on our chances and burying our opportunities when we get them,” said Nugent-Hopkins afterward.
Scottie Upshall scored the lone goal for the Panthers, coming late in the second period.
Prior to his goal, the Oilers had outscored their opponents 14-0 dating back to the third period Saturday against Calgary.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)