Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 AM EST
Last week, the supposedly upstart Edmonton Oilers left the ice having to explain in great disappointment yet another loss.
What a quick turnaround it’s suddenly been. The Oilers are now officially on a winning streak.
Their latest victory came Thursday, as the Oilers soundly defeated the Florida Panthers 4-1 on home ice for their third straight win. The streak started Saturday, with a come-from-behind win over Calgary on Saturday.
The night before, they were thumped on home ice by the San Jose Sharks in what was their fifth consecutive loss, and 10th loss in their last 11 games.
“The biggest thing is we’re bearing down on our chances and burying our opportunities when we get them,” said Nugent-Hopkins afterward.
Scottie Upshall scored the lone goal for the Panthers, coming late in the second period.
Prior to his goal, the Oilers had outscored their opponents 14-0 dating back to the third period Saturday against Calgary.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)