Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will have a couple changes when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning at home tonight.
Beauchemin is dealing with an upper-body injury and, according to the Ducks, he’s day-to-day. He will travel with the team to Phoenix following tonight’s game. The Ducks placed him on injured reserve in order to recall Vatanen.
Vatanen has already had a long look this season in Anaheim having played in 17 games this season and putting up one goal and four assists.
The Ducks will also see recent acquisition Tim Jackman make his team debut. Jackman was picked up from the Calgary Flames on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2014. If the Ducks were looking for someone to mix it up, they’ve got their man as he has 41 penalty minutes in 10 games with Calgary this season.
Kyle Shohara of the Ducks’ website hears from Teemu Selanne about the move.
“I always like tough guys,” he said. “They can really make the difference on many nights. The way I look at things, he’s an insurance guy for us. He makes sure the game is played like how it should be.”
Well if Teemu likes him, that’s all that needs to be said.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)