Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks will have a couple changes when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning at home tonight.
Beauchemin is dealing with an upper-body injury and, according to the Ducks, he’s day-to-day. He will travel with the team to Phoenix following tonight’s game. The Ducks placed him on injured reserve in order to recall Vatanen.
Vatanen has already had a long look this season in Anaheim having played in 17 games this season and putting up one goal and four assists.
The Ducks will also see recent acquisition Tim Jackman make his team debut. Jackman was picked up from the Calgary Flames on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2014. If the Ducks were looking for someone to mix it up, they’ve got their man as he has 41 penalty minutes in 10 games with Calgary this season.
Kyle Shohara of the Ducks’ website hears from Teemu Selanne about the move.
“I always like tough guys,” he said. “They can really make the difference on many nights. The way I look at things, he’s an insurance guy for us. He makes sure the game is played like how it should be.”
Well if Teemu likes him, that’s all that needs to be said.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2