Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will have a couple changes when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning at home tonight.
Beauchemin is dealing with an upper-body injury and, according to the Ducks, he’s day-to-day. He will travel with the team to Phoenix following tonight’s game. The Ducks placed him on injured reserve in order to recall Vatanen.
Vatanen has already had a long look this season in Anaheim having played in 17 games this season and putting up one goal and four assists.
The Ducks will also see recent acquisition Tim Jackman make his team debut. Jackman was picked up from the Calgary Flames on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2014. If the Ducks were looking for someone to mix it up, they’ve got their man as he has 41 penalty minutes in 10 games with Calgary this season.
Kyle Shohara of the Ducks’ website hears from Teemu Selanne about the move.
“I always like tough guys,” he said. “They can really make the difference on many nights. The way I look at things, he’s an insurance guy for us. He makes sure the game is played like how it should be.”
Well if Teemu likes him, that’s all that needs to be said.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)