Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will have a couple changes when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning at home tonight.
Beauchemin is dealing with an upper-body injury and, according to the Ducks, he’s day-to-day. He will travel with the team to Phoenix following tonight’s game. The Ducks placed him on injured reserve in order to recall Vatanen.
Vatanen has already had a long look this season in Anaheim having played in 17 games this season and putting up one goal and four assists.
The Ducks will also see recent acquisition Tim Jackman make his team debut. Jackman was picked up from the Calgary Flames on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2014. If the Ducks were looking for someone to mix it up, they’ve got their man as he has 41 penalty minutes in 10 games with Calgary this season.
Kyle Shohara of the Ducks’ website hears from Teemu Selanne about the move.
“I always like tough guys,” he said. “They can really make the difference on many nights. The way I look at things, he’s an insurance guy for us. He makes sure the game is played like how it should be.”
Well if Teemu likes him, that’s all that needs to be said.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)