Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will have a couple changes when they face the Tampa Bay Lightning at home tonight.
Beauchemin is dealing with an upper-body injury and, according to the Ducks, he’s day-to-day. He will travel with the team to Phoenix following tonight’s game. The Ducks placed him on injured reserve in order to recall Vatanen.
Vatanen has already had a long look this season in Anaheim having played in 17 games this season and putting up one goal and four assists.
The Ducks will also see recent acquisition Tim Jackman make his team debut. Jackman was picked up from the Calgary Flames on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2014. If the Ducks were looking for someone to mix it up, they’ve got their man as he has 41 penalty minutes in 10 games with Calgary this season.
Kyle Shohara of the Ducks’ website hears from Teemu Selanne about the move.
“I always like tough guys,” he said. “They can really make the difference on many nights. The way I look at things, he’s an insurance guy for us. He makes sure the game is played like how it should be.”
Well if Teemu likes him, that’s all that needs to be said.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10