Nov 22, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky won’t be finishing up the Columbus Blue Jackets road trip with the rest of the team.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports Dubinsky was sent home for treatment on his ailing bruised foot. He hurt his foot Tuesday night in the Blue Jackets 7-0 blowout loss to the Edmonton Oilers.
Making matters worse, Dubinsky is second on the team in points behind James Wisniewski. Wisniewski will likely miss the game tonight with an illness. The Blue Jackets have lost 9 of their last 12 games.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)