Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Matt Calvert off injured reserve, the club announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old Calvert has missed the last 19 games with an abdominal injury, last playing way back on Oct. 10, according to the club.
He is eligible to return to the lineup Friday, when the Blue Jackets visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.
In three games this season, Calvert has yet to record a point. Of his nine goals last season, one of them did come against the Canucks. That was back on March 7.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a 2-1 overtime win over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 1
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)