Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Matt Calvert off injured reserve, the club announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old Calvert has missed the last 19 games with an abdominal injury, last playing way back on Oct. 10, according to the club.
He is eligible to return to the lineup Friday, when the Blue Jackets visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.
In three games this season, Calvert has yet to record a point. Of his nine goals last season, one of them did come against the Canucks. That was back on March 7.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a 2-1 overtime win over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 13
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8