Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Matt Calvert off injured reserve, the club announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old Calvert has missed the last 19 games with an abdominal injury, last playing way back on Oct. 10, according to the club.
He is eligible to return to the lineup Friday, when the Blue Jackets visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.
In three games this season, Calvert has yet to record a point. Of his nine goals last season, one of them did come against the Canucks. That was back on March 7.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a 2-1 overtime win over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)