Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Matt Calvert off injured reserve, the club announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old Calvert has missed the last 19 games with an abdominal injury, last playing way back on Oct. 10, according to the club.
He is eligible to return to the lineup Friday, when the Blue Jackets visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.
In three games this season, Calvert has yet to record a point. Of his nine goals last season, one of them did come against the Canucks. That was back on March 7.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a 2-1 overtime win over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)