Nov 22, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Matt Calvert off injured reserve, the club announced Thursday.
The 23-year-old Calvert has missed the last 19 games with an abdominal injury, last playing way back on Oct. 10, according to the club.
He is eligible to return to the lineup Friday, when the Blue Jackets visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.
In three games this season, Calvert has yet to record a point. Of his nine goals last season, one of them did come against the Canucks. That was back on March 7.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a 2-1 overtime win over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5