Nov 22, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The New York Islanders will get their blockbuster trade acquisition tonight.
Vanek, acquired in late October in exchange for Matt Moulson and a pair of high picks, has gotten off to a slow start on Long Island. He has just one goal and three points through six games, though it should be noted it’s really only five games as Vanek was hurt just 30 seconds into a Nov. 9 loss to Columbus, and didn’t return.
The Isles have won twice in their last eight games and are looking to rebound from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Leafs.
The Isles will also put Michael Grabner back in the lineup tonight after he was made a healthy scratch for the aforementioned loss to Toronto.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)