Nov 22, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The New York Islanders will get their blockbuster trade acquisition tonight.
Vanek, acquired in late October in exchange for Matt Moulson and a pair of high picks, has gotten off to a slow start on Long Island. He has just one goal and three points through six games, though it should be noted it’s really only five games as Vanek was hurt just 30 seconds into a Nov. 9 loss to Columbus, and didn’t return.
The Isles have won twice in their last eight games and are looking to rebound from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Leafs.
The Isles will also put Michael Grabner back in the lineup tonight after he was made a healthy scratch for the aforementioned loss to Toronto.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)