Nov 22, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The New York Islanders will get their blockbuster trade acquisition tonight.
Vanek, acquired in late October in exchange for Matt Moulson and a pair of high picks, has gotten off to a slow start on Long Island. He has just one goal and three points through six games, though it should be noted it’s really only five games as Vanek was hurt just 30 seconds into a Nov. 9 loss to Columbus, and didn’t return.
The Isles have won twice in their last eight games and are looking to rebound from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Leafs.
The Isles will also put Michael Grabner back in the lineup tonight after he was made a healthy scratch for the aforementioned loss to Toronto.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 12
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)