Nov 22, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The New York Islanders will get their blockbuster trade acquisition tonight.
Vanek, acquired in late October in exchange for Matt Moulson and a pair of high picks, has gotten off to a slow start on Long Island. He has just one goal and three points through six games, though it should be noted it’s really only five games as Vanek was hurt just 30 seconds into a Nov. 9 loss to Columbus, and didn’t return.
The Isles have won twice in their last eight games and are looking to rebound from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Leafs.
The Isles will also put Michael Grabner back in the lineup tonight after he was made a healthy scratch for the aforementioned loss to Toronto.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 0
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 23
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24