Nov 22, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The New York Islanders will get their blockbuster trade acquisition tonight.
Vanek, acquired in late October in exchange for Matt Moulson and a pair of high picks, has gotten off to a slow start on Long Island. He has just one goal and three points through six games, though it should be noted it’s really only five games as Vanek was hurt just 30 seconds into a Nov. 9 loss to Columbus, and didn’t return.
The Isles have won twice in their last eight games and are looking to rebound from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Leafs.
The Isles will also put Michael Grabner back in the lineup tonight after he was made a healthy scratch for the aforementioned loss to Toronto.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)