Nov 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Rick Nash has scored his first goal of the season, in his second game back since returning from a concussion.
The New York Rangers forward was sent in on a breakaway – the play started with a perfect stretch pass from goalie Henrik Lundqvist – and beat Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen with a move to the forehand.
Thursday’s game between the Rangers and Stars marked only the fifth game of the season for Nash, who suffered a concussion on Oct. 8 and was kept out of the lineup for 17 games.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1