Nov 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Rick Nash has scored his first goal of the season, in his second game back since returning from a concussion.
The New York Rangers forward was sent in on a breakaway – the play started with a perfect stretch pass from goalie Henrik Lundqvist – and beat Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen with a move to the forehand.
Thursday’s game between the Rangers and Stars marked only the fifth game of the season for Nash, who suffered a concussion on Oct. 8 and was kept out of the lineup for 17 games.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6