Nov 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Rick Nash has scored his first goal of the season, in his second game back since returning from a concussion.
The New York Rangers forward was sent in on a breakaway – the play started with a perfect stretch pass from goalie Henrik Lundqvist – and beat Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen with a move to the forehand.
Thursday’s game between the Rangers and Stars marked only the fifth game of the season for Nash, who suffered a concussion on Oct. 8 and was kept out of the lineup for 17 games.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25