Nov 21, 2013, 2:46 AM EDT
Fortunately for the Columbus Blue Jackets, Nikita Nikitin was in the right place at the right time.
The Blue Jackets defenseman scored the overtime winner to earn Columbus a 2-1 victory over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. According to the NHL Twitter account, it is his first career overtime goal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5