Nov 21, 2013, 2:46 AM EST
Fortunately for the Columbus Blue Jackets, Nikita Nikitin was in the right place at the right time.
The Blue Jackets defenseman scored the overtime winner to earn Columbus a 2-1 victory over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. According to the NHL Twitter account, it is his first career overtime goal.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11