Nov 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have acquired veteran forward Tim Jackman from the Calgary Flames.
The Flames will receive a sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange and have recalled Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford to fill Jackman’s spot in the lineup, the club announced.
Jackman, 32, has spent the last four seasons in Calgary after stints with the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Kings, and Islanders. His stint with the Flames produced his finest NHL season in 2010-11, when he scored 10 goals and 23 points while appearing in all 82 games.
A hard-working forward that kills penalties and fights — he scrapped 22 times over the last two seasons — Jackman will join a Ducks team that’s been besieged by injuries up front. Saku Koivu and Jakob Silfverberg are still on injured reserve, and the club has already seen the likes of Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Mathieu Perreault go down to injury.
Jackman has been in and out of the Flames lineup this season, appearing in just 10 games. He was a healthy scratch for Wednesday night’s loss to Columbus.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)