Nov 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have acquired veteran forward Tim Jackman from the Calgary Flames.
The Flames will receive a sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange and have recalled Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford to fill Jackman’s spot in the lineup, the club announced.
Jackman, 32, has spent the last four seasons in Calgary after stints with the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Kings, and Islanders. His stint with the Flames produced his finest NHL season in 2010-11, when he scored 10 goals and 23 points while appearing in all 82 games.
A hard-working forward that kills penalties and fights — he scrapped 22 times over the last two seasons — Jackman will join a Ducks team that’s been besieged by injuries up front. Saku Koivu and Jakob Silfverberg are still on injured reserve, and the club has already seen the likes of Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Mathieu Perreault go down to injury.
Jackman has been in and out of the Flames lineup this season, appearing in just 10 games. He was a healthy scratch for Wednesday night’s loss to Columbus.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)