Nov 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have acquired veteran forward Tim Jackman from the Calgary Flames.
The Flames will receive a sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange and have recalled Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford to fill Jackman’s spot in the lineup, the club announced.
Jackman, 32, has spent the last four seasons in Calgary after stints with the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Kings, and Islanders. His stint with the Flames produced his finest NHL season in 2010-11, when he scored 10 goals and 23 points while appearing in all 82 games.
A hard-working forward that kills penalties and fights — he scrapped 22 times over the last two seasons — Jackman will join a Ducks team that’s been besieged by injuries up front. Saku Koivu and Jakob Silfverberg are still on injured reserve, and the club has already seen the likes of Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Mathieu Perreault go down to injury.
Jackman has been in and out of the Flames lineup this season, appearing in just 10 games. He was a healthy scratch for Wednesday night’s loss to Columbus.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)