Nov 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have acquired veteran forward Tim Jackman from the Calgary Flames.
The Flames will receive a sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange and have recalled Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford to fill Jackman’s spot in the lineup, the club announced.
Jackman, 32, has spent the last four seasons in Calgary after stints with the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Kings, and Islanders. His stint with the Flames produced his finest NHL season in 2010-11, when he scored 10 goals and 23 points while appearing in all 82 games.
A hard-working forward that kills penalties and fights — he scrapped 22 times over the last two seasons — Jackman will join a Ducks team that’s been besieged by injuries up front. Saku Koivu and Jakob Silfverberg are still on injured reserve, and the club has already seen the likes of Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Mathieu Perreault go down to injury.
Jackman has been in and out of the Flames lineup this season, appearing in just 10 games. He was a healthy scratch for Wednesday night’s loss to Columbus.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)