Nov 21, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have acquired veteran forward Tim Jackman from the Calgary Flames.
The Flames will receive a sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange and have recalled Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford to fill Jackman’s spot in the lineup, the club announced.
Jackman, 32, has spent the last four seasons in Calgary after stints with the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Kings, and Islanders. His stint with the Flames produced his finest NHL season in 2010-11, when he scored 10 goals and 23 points while appearing in all 82 games.
A hard-working forward that kills penalties and fights — he scrapped 22 times over the last two seasons — Jackman will join a Ducks team that’s been besieged by injuries up front. Saku Koivu and Jakob Silfverberg are still on injured reserve, and the club has already seen the likes of Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Mathieu Perreault go down to injury.
Jackman has been in and out of the Flames lineup this season, appearing in just 10 games. He was a healthy scratch for Wednesday night’s loss to Columbus.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)