Nov 21, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Steve Tambellini is back in the National Hockey League ranks.
The Anaheim Ducks have reportedly hired Tambellini as a part-time professional scout, according to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register on Wednesday evening.
In April, the Edmonton Oilers fired Tambellini as the team’s general manager, and then promoted Craig MacTavish to the position.
Tambellini served the Oilers’ GM from 2008 to April of 2013.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)