Nov 21, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Steve Tambellini is back in the National Hockey League ranks.
The Anaheim Ducks have reportedly hired Tambellini as a part-time professional scout, according to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register on Wednesday evening.
In April, the Edmonton Oilers fired Tambellini as the team’s general manager, and then promoted Craig MacTavish to the position.
Tambellini served the Oilers’ GM from 2008 to April of 2013.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5