Nov 21, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Steve Tambellini is back in the National Hockey League ranks.
The Anaheim Ducks have reportedly hired Tambellini as a part-time professional scout, according to Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register on Wednesday evening.
In April, the Edmonton Oilers fired Tambellini as the team’s general manager, and then promoted Craig MacTavish to the position.
Tambellini served the Oilers’ GM from 2008 to April of 2013.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)