Nov 21, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
Nobody thought it would be easy. Minus Steven Stamkos, the Tampa Bay Lightning faced a four-game road trip to Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Anaheim.
Turns out everyone was right; it hasn’t been easy. The first game of the trip was a loss, 6-3 to the Coyotes. The second was another three-goal defeat, 5-2 to the Kings.
Tonight, after suffering consecutive losses for the first time this season — and with “the high of emotion from Steven going down” having run out, according to head coach Jon Cooper — it’s a visit to the Shark Tank.
“It’s not panic time, it’s just addressing and correcting the mistakes and making sure we stop this,” Lightning captain Marty St. Louis said, per TBO.com. “You don’t want a two-gamer to turn into a four- or five-gamer. Let’s be honest and assess your game, be honest in how you’re playing, and at the end of the day we all have to do more.”
Whoever starts in goal for the Lightning, Ben Bishop or Anders Lindback, will “have to do more” as well. Tampa Bay has received excellent goaltending from Bishop this season; however, his last two outings have been rough ones. He left the game after allowing three goals on 14 shots in Phoenix, and he allowed five goals on 31 shots versus the Kings. Lindback, meanwhile, is 1-4-0 with a low .875 save percentage.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)