Nov 21, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
Nobody thought it would be easy. Minus Steven Stamkos, the Tampa Bay Lightning faced a four-game road trip to Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Anaheim.
Turns out everyone was right; it hasn’t been easy. The first game of the trip was a loss, 6-3 to the Coyotes. The second was another three-goal defeat, 5-2 to the Kings.
Tonight, after suffering consecutive losses for the first time this season — and with “the high of emotion from Steven going down” having run out, according to head coach Jon Cooper — it’s a visit to the Shark Tank.
“It’s not panic time, it’s just addressing and correcting the mistakes and making sure we stop this,” Lightning captain Marty St. Louis said, per TBO.com. “You don’t want a two-gamer to turn into a four- or five-gamer. Let’s be honest and assess your game, be honest in how you’re playing, and at the end of the day we all have to do more.”
Whoever starts in goal for the Lightning, Ben Bishop or Anders Lindback, will “have to do more” as well. Tampa Bay has received excellent goaltending from Bishop this season; however, his last two outings have been rough ones. He left the game after allowing three goals on 14 shots in Phoenix, and he allowed five goals on 31 shots versus the Kings. Lindback, meanwhile, is 1-4-0 with a low .875 save percentage.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7