Nov 21, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Marian Hossa will be back in Chicago’s lineup tonight when the Blackhawks play the Jets in Winnipeg.
Hossa has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury. The ‘Hawks lost two of those three games, and they lost them both badly (7-2 to Nashville, 5-1 to Colorado).
Not that Hossa’s absence was the major reason for those blowouts, but the ‘Hawks will be happy to have him back all the same. The 34-year-old winger has nine goals and six assists this season and is one of the best possession players on the team.
Corey Crawford is expected to get the start in goal for Chicago. The 28-year-old has struggled in recent appearances, including Tuesday versus the Avs when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)