Nov 21, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Marian Hossa will be back in Chicago’s lineup tonight when the Blackhawks play the Jets in Winnipeg.
Hossa has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury. The ‘Hawks lost two of those three games, and they lost them both badly (7-2 to Nashville, 5-1 to Colorado).
Not that Hossa’s absence was the major reason for those blowouts, but the ‘Hawks will be happy to have him back all the same. The 34-year-old winger has nine goals and six assists this season and is one of the best possession players on the team.
Corey Crawford is expected to get the start in goal for Chicago. The 28-year-old has struggled in recent appearances, including Tuesday versus the Avs when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)