Nov 21, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Marian Hossa will be back in Chicago’s lineup tonight when the Blackhawks play the Jets in Winnipeg.
Hossa has missed the last three games with a lower-body injury. The ‘Hawks lost two of those three games, and they lost them both badly (7-2 to Nashville, 5-1 to Colorado).
Not that Hossa’s absence was the major reason for those blowouts, but the ‘Hawks will be happy to have him back all the same. The 34-year-old winger has nine goals and six assists this season and is one of the best possession players on the team.
Corey Crawford is expected to get the start in goal for Chicago. The 28-year-old has struggled in recent appearances, including Tuesday versus the Avs when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)