Nov 21, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Just another win for the Philadelphia Flyers.
After that slow start to the season, the Flyers have victories in five of their last six games, the latest coming Thursday as they forged a 4-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres.
Read scored twice within a span of one minute and 40 seconds, while Downie and Couturier each added a pair of assists.
The night started off so well for the Sabres. Tyler Myers, Buffalo’s towering defenseman who is trying to rediscover the excellent form he had during his rookie season, scored his second goal of the season to give the Sabres a lead after the opening period.
But the Flyers took over form there. Read’s goals were just the beginning. Vincent Lecavalier essentially put this game away in the third period, blasting home a power play goal to put Philadelphia up two goals.
Scott Hartnell scored into an empty net with 11 seconds remaining. Done.
“We have to play a certain way, and if we don’t play that certain way, you just can’t play,” said Sabres’ interim head coach Ted Nolan, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 32
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)