Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
With no points in his last 10 games, New Jersey winger Damien Brunner will be a healthy scratch tonight when his Devils take on the Kings in Los Angeles.
“I haven’t scored in 10 games, so it’s maybe not that surprising,” Brunner said, per The Record. “I think I’ve just got to work harder. That’s just a standard quote, but I have to start moving better, support the puck better, maybe make some plays. But I think the main part is to stay positive here, keep working hard, watch the game closely tonight and see what I can do better and be better. But no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
In Brunner’s place will be Mattias Tedenby, a 23-year-old winger with one goal in nine games for New Jersey this season.
Brunner, 27, signed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Devils in September after pricing himself out of a return to the Detroit Red Wings, for whom he scored 12 times in 44 games as an NHL rookie last season.
New Jersey (8-8-5) has won two straight, including last night’s 4-3 overtime victory in Anaheim over a Ducks side that had yet to lose at home.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)