Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
With no points in his last 10 games, New Jersey winger Damien Brunner will be a healthy scratch tonight when his Devils take on the Kings in Los Angeles.
“I haven’t scored in 10 games, so it’s maybe not that surprising,” Brunner said, per The Record. “I think I’ve just got to work harder. That’s just a standard quote, but I have to start moving better, support the puck better, maybe make some plays. But I think the main part is to stay positive here, keep working hard, watch the game closely tonight and see what I can do better and be better. But no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
In Brunner’s place will be Mattias Tedenby, a 23-year-old winger with one goal in nine games for New Jersey this season.
Brunner, 27, signed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Devils in September after pricing himself out of a return to the Detroit Red Wings, for whom he scored 12 times in 44 games as an NHL rookie last season.
New Jersey (8-8-5) has won two straight, including last night’s 4-3 overtime victory in Anaheim over a Ducks side that had yet to lose at home.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)