Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
With no points in his last 10 games, New Jersey winger Damien Brunner will be a healthy scratch tonight when his Devils take on the Kings in Los Angeles.
“I haven’t scored in 10 games, so it’s maybe not that surprising,” Brunner said, per The Record. “I think I’ve just got to work harder. That’s just a standard quote, but I have to start moving better, support the puck better, maybe make some plays. But I think the main part is to stay positive here, keep working hard, watch the game closely tonight and see what I can do better and be better. But no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
In Brunner’s place will be Mattias Tedenby, a 23-year-old winger with one goal in nine games for New Jersey this season.
Brunner, 27, signed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Devils in September after pricing himself out of a return to the Detroit Red Wings, for whom he scored 12 times in 44 games as an NHL rookie last season.
New Jersey (8-8-5) has won two straight, including last night’s 4-3 overtime victory in Anaheim over a Ducks side that had yet to lose at home.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 48
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 18
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 28
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)