Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
With no points in his last 10 games, New Jersey winger Damien Brunner will be a healthy scratch tonight when his Devils take on the Kings in Los Angeles.
“I haven’t scored in 10 games, so it’s maybe not that surprising,” Brunner said, per The Record. “I think I’ve just got to work harder. That’s just a standard quote, but I have to start moving better, support the puck better, maybe make some plays. But I think the main part is to stay positive here, keep working hard, watch the game closely tonight and see what I can do better and be better. But no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
In Brunner’s place will be Mattias Tedenby, a 23-year-old winger with one goal in nine games for New Jersey this season.
Brunner, 27, signed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Devils in September after pricing himself out of a return to the Detroit Red Wings, for whom he scored 12 times in 44 games as an NHL rookie last season.
New Jersey (8-8-5) has won two straight, including last night’s 4-3 overtime victory in Anaheim over a Ducks side that had yet to lose at home.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)