Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
With no points in his last 10 games, New Jersey winger Damien Brunner will be a healthy scratch tonight when his Devils take on the Kings in Los Angeles.
“I haven’t scored in 10 games, so it’s maybe not that surprising,” Brunner said, per The Record. “I think I’ve just got to work harder. That’s just a standard quote, but I have to start moving better, support the puck better, maybe make some plays. But I think the main part is to stay positive here, keep working hard, watch the game closely tonight and see what I can do better and be better. But no time to feel sorry for yourself.”
In Brunner’s place will be Mattias Tedenby, a 23-year-old winger with one goal in nine games for New Jersey this season.
Brunner, 27, signed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Devils in September after pricing himself out of a return to the Detroit Red Wings, for whom he scored 12 times in 44 games as an NHL rookie last season.
New Jersey (8-8-5) has won two straight, including last night’s 4-3 overtime victory in Anaheim over a Ducks side that had yet to lose at home.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)