Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Andre Benoit took a puck to the face in the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
It occurred off a deflection. Benoit left the ice and headed to the Colorado dressing room, as per the team’s official Twitter account.
Benoit hit in the face with a puck, off a deflection, and skates off the ice and retreats to the dressing room.—
Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 22, 2013
Benoit, 29, had eight assists in 19 games prior to tonight’s match-up against the Coyotes.
Updated: Benoit returned to the game later in the period after getting stitches, as per the Avalanche. The best part: he came back and scored his first of the season, which, at the time, put Colorado up a pair of goals.
It was a 2-1 hockey game at the end of two periods.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15