Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Andre Benoit took a puck to the face in the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
It occurred off a deflection. Benoit left the ice and headed to the Colorado dressing room, as per the team’s official Twitter account.
Benoit hit in the face with a puck, off a deflection, and skates off the ice and retreats to the dressing room.—
Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 22, 2013
Benoit, 29, had eight assists in 19 games prior to tonight’s match-up against the Coyotes.
Updated: Benoit returned to the game later in the period after getting stitches, as per the Avalanche. The best part: he came back and scored his first of the season, which, at the time, put Colorado up a pair of goals.
It was a 2-1 hockey game at the end of two periods.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)