Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Andre Benoit took a puck to the face in the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
It occurred off a deflection. Benoit left the ice and headed to the Colorado dressing room, as per the team’s official Twitter account.
Benoit, 29, had eight assists in 19 games prior to tonight’s match-up against the Coyotes.
Updated: Benoit returned to the game later in the period after getting stitches, as per the Avalanche. The best part: he came back and scored his first of the season, which, at the time, put Colorado up a pair of goals.
It was a 2-1 hockey game at the end of two periods.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5