Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Andre Benoit took a puck to the face in the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
It occurred off a deflection. Benoit left the ice and headed to the Colorado dressing room, as per the team’s official Twitter account.
Benoit, 29, had eight assists in 19 games prior to tonight’s match-up against the Coyotes.
Updated: Benoit returned to the game later in the period after getting stitches, as per the Avalanche. The best part: he came back and scored his first of the season, which, at the time, put Colorado up a pair of goals.
It was a 2-1 hockey game at the end of two periods.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)