Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Andre Benoit took a puck to the face in the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
It occurred off a deflection. Benoit left the ice and headed to the Colorado dressing room, as per the team’s official Twitter account.
Benoit hit in the face with a puck, off a deflection, and skates off the ice and retreats to the dressing room.—
Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 22, 2013
Benoit, 29, had eight assists in 19 games prior to tonight’s match-up against the Coyotes.
Updated: Benoit returned to the game later in the period after getting stitches, as per the Avalanche. The best part: he came back and scored his first of the season, which, at the time, put Colorado up a pair of goals.
It was a 2-1 hockey game at the end of two periods.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 3
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)