Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL Iowa.
Zucker, 21, was Iowa’s leading goalscorer at the time of his recall and has already appeared in one NHL contest this season, playing over 13 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Nashville in early October.
This latest recall comes at the expense of Torrey Mitchell, who was hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 loss to Montreal. Mitchell appeared to injure his left leg after crashing into the boards during a collision with Habs forward Max Pacioretty, and didn’t play the entire third period.
The Wild are back in action this evening against Ottawa, so it’s possible Zucker could draw into the lineup, though head coach Mike Yeo could also elect to dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)