Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL Iowa.
Zucker, 21, was Iowa’s leading goalscorer at the time of his recall and has already appeared in one NHL contest this season, playing over 13 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Nashville in early October.
This latest recall comes at the expense of Torrey Mitchell, who was hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 loss to Montreal. Mitchell appeared to injure his left leg after crashing into the boards during a collision with Habs forward Max Pacioretty, and didn’t play the entire third period.
The Wild are back in action this evening against Ottawa, so it’s possible Zucker could draw into the lineup, though head coach Mike Yeo could also elect to dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)