Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL Iowa.
Zucker, 21, was Iowa’s leading goalscorer at the time of his recall and has already appeared in one NHL contest this season, playing over 13 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Nashville in early October.
This latest recall comes at the expense of Torrey Mitchell, who was hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 loss to Montreal. Mitchell appeared to injure his left leg after crashing into the boards during a collision with Habs forward Max Pacioretty, and didn’t play the entire third period.
The Wild are back in action this evening against Ottawa, so it’s possible Zucker could draw into the lineup, though head coach Mike Yeo could also elect to dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)