Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL Iowa.
Zucker, 21, was Iowa’s leading goalscorer at the time of his recall and has already appeared in one NHL contest this season, playing over 13 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Nashville in early October.
This latest recall comes at the expense of Torrey Mitchell, who was hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 loss to Montreal. Mitchell appeared to injure his left leg after crashing into the boards during a collision with Habs forward Max Pacioretty, and didn’t play the entire third period.
The Wild are back in action this evening against Ottawa, so it’s possible Zucker could draw into the lineup, though head coach Mike Yeo could also elect to dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)