Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have recalled forward Jason Zucker from AHL Iowa.
Zucker, 21, was Iowa’s leading goalscorer at the time of his recall and has already appeared in one NHL contest this season, playing over 13 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Nashville in early October.
This latest recall comes at the expense of Torrey Mitchell, who was hurt during Tuesday’s 6-2 loss to Montreal. Mitchell appeared to injure his left leg after crashing into the boards during a collision with Habs forward Max Pacioretty, and didn’t play the entire third period.
The Wild are back in action this evening against Ottawa, so it’s possible Zucker could draw into the lineup, though head coach Mike Yeo could also elect to dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)