Nov 20, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty ended an eight-game goalless streak and the Minnesota Wild’s eight-game standings point streak in a big way on Tuesday.
His natural hat trick fueled a 6-2 win for Montreal against the Wild on Tuesday. You can find his threesome of tallies in the highlights below:
Pacioretty hadn’t scored a goal since Oct. 12 and only had an assist in that time. Meanwhile, Minnesota hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 28; the Wild’s only other loss of any kind was a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Washington Capitals on Nov. 7.
Actually, a third run ended, as Josh Harding finally had a rough night. He was pulled on Tuesday and saw a four-game losing streak end. Harding hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17 until tonight.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)