Nov 20, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty ended an eight-game goalless streak and the Minnesota Wild’s eight-game standings point streak in a big way on Tuesday.
His natural hat trick fueled a 6-2 win for Montreal against the Wild on Tuesday. You can find his threesome of tallies in the highlights below:
Pacioretty hadn’t scored a goal since Oct. 12 and only had an assist in that time. Meanwhile, Minnesota hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 28; the Wild’s only other loss of any kind was a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Washington Capitals on Nov. 7.
Actually, a third run ended, as Josh Harding finally had a rough night. He was pulled on Tuesday and saw a four-game losing streak end. Harding hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17 until tonight.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)