Nov 20, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty ended an eight-game goalless streak and the Minnesota Wild’s eight-game standings point streak in a big way on Tuesday.
His natural hat trick fueled a 6-2 win for Montreal against the Wild on Tuesday. You can find his threesome of tallies in the highlights below:
Pacioretty hadn’t scored a goal since Oct. 12 and only had an assist in that time. Meanwhile, Minnesota hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 28; the Wild’s only other loss of any kind was a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Washington Capitals on Nov. 7.
Actually, a third run ended, as Josh Harding finally had a rough night. He was pulled on Tuesday and saw a four-game losing streak end. Harding hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17 until tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5