Nov 20, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty ended an eight-game goalless streak and the Minnesota Wild’s eight-game standings point streak in a big way on Tuesday.
His natural hat trick fueled a 6-2 win for Montreal against the Wild on Tuesday. You can find his threesome of tallies in the highlights below:
Pacioretty hadn’t scored a goal since Oct. 12 and only had an assist in that time. Meanwhile, Minnesota hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 28; the Wild’s only other loss of any kind was a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Washington Capitals on Nov. 7.
Actually, a third run ended, as Josh Harding finally had a rough night. He was pulled on Tuesday and saw a four-game losing streak end. Harding hadn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17 until tonight.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)