Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Beautiful passing, and just how did Sidney Crosby score from that angle?
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain went top corner to give his team a 3-0 lead just before the second intermission of Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals, scoring from a difficult angle after some precision tic-tac-toe passing on the power play.
Evgeni Malkin started the play, dishing to Chris Kunitz in the slot. He directed a pass to James Neal, who quickly made a cross-ice pass to Crosby. From near the bottom of the faceoff circle, Crosby one-timed his left-handed shot from the left side and over goaltender Braden Holtby.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7