Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Beautiful passing, and just how did Sidney Crosby score from that angle?
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain went top corner to give his team a 3-0 lead just before the second intermission of Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals, scoring from a difficult angle after some precision tic-tac-toe passing on the power play.
Evgeni Malkin started the play, dishing to Chris Kunitz in the slot. He directed a pass to James Neal, who quickly made a cross-ice pass to Crosby. From near the bottom of the faceoff circle, Crosby one-timed his left-handed shot from the left side and over goaltender Braden Holtby.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22