Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Beautiful passing, and just how did Sidney Crosby score from that angle?
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain went top corner to give his team a 3-0 lead just before the second intermission of Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals, scoring from a difficult angle after some precision tic-tac-toe passing on the power play.
Evgeni Malkin started the play, dishing to Chris Kunitz in the slot. He directed a pass to James Neal, who quickly made a cross-ice pass to Crosby. From near the bottom of the faceoff circle, Crosby one-timed his left-handed shot from the left side and over goaltender Braden Holtby.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)