Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Beautiful passing, and just how did Sidney Crosby score from that angle?
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain went top corner to give his team a 3-0 lead just before the second intermission of Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals, scoring from a difficult angle after some precision tic-tac-toe passing on the power play.
Evgeni Malkin started the play, dishing to Chris Kunitz in the slot. He directed a pass to James Neal, who quickly made a cross-ice pass to Crosby. From near the bottom of the faceoff circle, Crosby one-timed his left-handed shot from the left side and over goaltender Braden Holtby.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)