Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Beautiful passing, and just how did Sidney Crosby score from that angle?
The Pittsburgh Penguins captain went top corner to give his team a 3-0 lead just before the second intermission of Wednesday’s game against the Washington Capitals, scoring from a difficult angle after some precision tic-tac-toe passing on the power play.
Evgeni Malkin started the play, dishing to Chris Kunitz in the slot. He directed a pass to James Neal, who quickly made a cross-ice pass to Crosby. From near the bottom of the faceoff circle, Crosby one-timed his left-handed shot from the left side and over goaltender Braden Holtby.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)