Nov 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
From the Denver Post:
The domestic abuse case of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been given to the Denver District Attorney to review for possible charges.
The DA’s office has until Dec. 2 to charge Varlamov after an Oct. 30 arrest for kidnapping and domestic abuse allegations.
Part of the review process in determining whether charges will be filed is translating all the interviews from Russian into English, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the DA’s office.
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
Varlamov was the first star in last night’s 5-1 win over the Blackhawks, stopping 36 of 37 Chicago shots to bump his save percentage up to .931.
The Avs are in Phoenix Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday before returning home to face St. Louis next Wednesday.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39