Nov 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
From the Denver Post:
The domestic abuse case of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been given to the Denver District Attorney to review for possible charges.
The DA’s office has until Dec. 2 to charge Varlamov after an Oct. 30 arrest for kidnapping and domestic abuse allegations.
Part of the review process in determining whether charges will be filed is translating all the interviews from Russian into English, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the DA’s office.
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
Varlamov was the first star in last night’s 5-1 win over the Blackhawks, stopping 36 of 37 Chicago shots to bump his save percentage up to .931.
The Avs are in Phoenix Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday before returning home to face St. Louis next Wednesday.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11