Nov 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
From the Denver Post:
The domestic abuse case of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been given to the Denver District Attorney to review for possible charges.
The DA’s office has until Dec. 2 to charge Varlamov after an Oct. 30 arrest for kidnapping and domestic abuse allegations.
Part of the review process in determining whether charges will be filed is translating all the interviews from Russian into English, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the DA’s office.
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
Varlamov was the first star in last night’s 5-1 win over the Blackhawks, stopping 36 of 37 Chicago shots to bump his save percentage up to .931.
The Avs are in Phoenix Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday before returning home to face St. Louis next Wednesday.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)