Nov 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
From the Denver Post:
The domestic abuse case of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been given to the Denver District Attorney to review for possible charges.
The DA’s office has until Dec. 2 to charge Varlamov after an Oct. 30 arrest for kidnapping and domestic abuse allegations.
Part of the review process in determining whether charges will be filed is translating all the interviews from Russian into English, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the DA’s office.
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
Varlamov was the first star in last night’s 5-1 win over the Blackhawks, stopping 36 of 37 Chicago shots to bump his save percentage up to .931.
The Avs are in Phoenix Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday before returning home to face St. Louis next Wednesday.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32