Nov 20, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
From the Denver Post:
The domestic abuse case of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been given to the Denver District Attorney to review for possible charges.
The DA’s office has until Dec. 2 to charge Varlamov after an Oct. 30 arrest for kidnapping and domestic abuse allegations.
Part of the review process in determining whether charges will be filed is translating all the interviews from Russian into English, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the DA’s office.
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
Varlamov was the first star in last night’s 5-1 win over the Blackhawks, stopping 36 of 37 Chicago shots to bump his save percentage up to .931.
The Avs are in Phoenix Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday before returning home to face St. Louis next Wednesday.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)