Nov 20, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators dropped their third straight game, and rubbing salt in the wound of Ottawa fans was its nemesis Dany Heatley was an integral part in this latest defeat.
Heatley scored in the second period and added an assist for a two-point night, helping the visiting Minnesota Wild defeat the Senators 4-3. A goal from Mikko Koivu with less than three minutes remaining in regulation broke a tied hockey game.
Koivu, unabated, was allowed to walk in off the right wing into the middle of the ice and let go a wrist shot that beat Craig Anderson, who allowed four goals on 25 shots.
“Well it’s disappointing. We got the game tied up again, but again, we’re chasing the game,” said Senators head coach Paul MacLean, as per the team’s website.
“Anytime you’re chasing the game it makes it hard, but on the positive side we look at the stat sheet and the balance is starting to go the other way, so that’s a positive for us.”
The Senators have now lost four of their last five games, and sit sixth out of eight teams in the Atlantic Division. They’re four points back of the Montreal Canadiens and only four points ahead of the Florida Panthers.
MacLean, however, remains positive. Kind of.
“Are we going in the right direction? We think so, but we won’t know until our next game,” he said.
That’s Saturday, on the road, against the Detroit Red Wings.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)