Nov 20, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators dropped their third straight game, and rubbing salt in the wound of Ottawa fans was its nemesis Dany Heatley was an integral part in this latest defeat.
Heatley scored in the second period and added an assist for a two-point night, helping the visiting Minnesota Wild defeat the Senators 4-3. A goal from Mikko Koivu with less than three minutes remaining in regulation broke a tied hockey game.
Koivu, unabated, was allowed to walk in off the right wing into the middle of the ice and let go a wrist shot that beat Craig Anderson, who allowed four goals on 25 shots.
“Well it’s disappointing. We got the game tied up again, but again, we’re chasing the game,” said Senators head coach Paul MacLean, as per the team’s website.
“Anytime you’re chasing the game it makes it hard, but on the positive side we look at the stat sheet and the balance is starting to go the other way, so that’s a positive for us.”
The Senators have now lost four of their last five games, and sit sixth out of eight teams in the Atlantic Division. They’re four points back of the Montreal Canadiens and only four points ahead of the Florida Panthers.
MacLean, however, remains positive. Kind of.
“Are we going in the right direction? We think so, but we won’t know until our next game,” he said.
That’s Saturday, on the road, against the Detroit Red Wings.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)