Nov 20, 2013, 1:43 AM EDT
Ben Scrivens couldn’t keep his shutout streak going on Tuesday, but the Los Angeles Kings settled for a 5-2 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning. You have to take the good with the bad, eh?
Scrivens stopped 19 out of 21 shots for his (and the Kings’) fourth win in a row. Los Angeles has also won six of its last seven contests. With 31 standings points, they make the bloated top of the outstanding Western Conference that much more congested.
Speaking of the West, a run through the superior conference hasn’t been too kind to the Stamkos-less Bolts. They’ve been outscored 11-5 so far in two losses and face two tough teams back-to-back (at San Jose on Thursday, at Anaheim Friday) to close out a grisly road trip. At this point, they’re probably just hoping they don’t fall outside of the East’s elite by the end of this jaunt.
All negativity aside, the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson spotlights how steady the Lightning have been this season:
5-2 your final, first time this season #tblightning have dropped consecutive games
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) November 20, 2013
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)