Nov 20, 2013, 1:43 AM EDT
Ben Scrivens couldn’t keep his shutout streak going on Tuesday, but the Los Angeles Kings settled for a 5-2 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning. You have to take the good with the bad, eh?
Scrivens stopped 19 out of 21 shots for his (and the Kings’) fourth win in a row. Los Angeles has also won six of its last seven contests. With 31 standings points, they make the bloated top of the outstanding Western Conference that much more congested.
Speaking of the West, a run through the superior conference hasn’t been too kind to the Stamkos-less Bolts. They’ve been outscored 11-5 so far in two losses and face two tough teams back-to-back (at San Jose on Thursday, at Anaheim Friday) to close out a grisly road trip. At this point, they’re probably just hoping they don’t fall outside of the East’s elite by the end of this jaunt.
All negativity aside, the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson spotlights how steady the Lightning have been this season:
5-2 your final, first time this season #tblightning have dropped consecutive games
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) November 20, 2013
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)