Nov 20, 2013, 1:43 AM EDT
Ben Scrivens couldn’t keep his shutout streak going on Tuesday, but the Los Angeles Kings settled for a 5-2 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning. You have to take the good with the bad, eh?
Scrivens stopped 19 out of 21 shots for his (and the Kings’) fourth win in a row. Los Angeles has also won six of its last seven contests. With 31 standings points, they make the bloated top of the outstanding Western Conference that much more congested.
Speaking of the West, a run through the superior conference hasn’t been too kind to the Stamkos-less Bolts. They’ve been outscored 11-5 so far in two losses and face two tough teams back-to-back (at San Jose on Thursday, at Anaheim Friday) to close out a grisly road trip. At this point, they’re probably just hoping they don’t fall outside of the East’s elite by the end of this jaunt.
All negativity aside, the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson spotlights how steady the Lightning have been this season:
5-2 your final, first time this season #tblightning have dropped consecutive games
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) November 20, 2013
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)