Nov 20, 2013, 5:26 PM EST
Less than 24 hours later, Patrick Marleau is still feeling the effects of a car accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon in San Jose. But, it sounds as if he’s fortunate that the two-car collision wasn’t worse.
“I was just driving on a side street, and a guy pulled out right in front of me,” said Marleau, who was driving a Mercedes SUV. “I didn’t have much time to react. I just hammered on the brakes, and went right into the side of him.”
The Sharks have a game Thursday versus Tampa Bay. Marleau was able to practice today, so we can probably expect he’ll play tomorrow.
“There’ll be two decisions on when he’ll play — the medical part but also the timing and conditioning part,” coach Todd McLellan said. “Those both have to be taken into consideration.”
Related: What’s going on with Brent Burns?
Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 PM EST
The Coyotes and Canucks, that’s who.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 PM EST
In the wake of the controversial injury to Derek Dorsett.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 29, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Hopefully he can stay healthy this time.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
“Consistency is still a word that we use constantly around here, bringing it all the time, and being emotionally attached to the games.”
Jan 29, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Just months after COO John Collins said that jersey sponsorship “is coming” to the league.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
“We’ve gotten better, and we’ve got to keep getting better.”
Jan 29, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
But the reigning Stanley Cup champs will have to share the stage with another L.A. team.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
Statically, he’s in a class by himself.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:47 PM EST
Defenseman was 28th overall by Chicago in 2009.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:44 PM EST
Also insists: “For anybody that thinks that me and Lou [Lamoriello] are not on the same page, everybody’s wrong,”
Jan 29, 2015, 12:29 PM EST
Will make just his 17th appearance of the season tonight against Florida.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:15 PM EST
Second time this season.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
Veteran Ottawa center will sit as a healthy scratch again tonight.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Scored a big goal last night versus Toronto.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
The NHL’s 29th- and 30th-ranked teams get it on.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:58 AM EST
“There’s a lot of different avenues we have to explore here,” says Ron Hextall.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:36 AM EST
So you can probably guess where he stands on the matter.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
He left the team after his father passed away.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:22 AM EST
San Jose is in the thick of a tight Pacific Division battle.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 0
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 9
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33