Nov 20, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours later, Patrick Marleau is still feeling the effects of a car accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon in San Jose. But, it sounds as if he’s fortunate that the two-car collision wasn’t worse.
“I was just driving on a side street, and a guy pulled out right in front of me,” said Marleau, who was driving a Mercedes SUV. “I didn’t have much time to react. I just hammered on the brakes, and went right into the side of him.”
The Sharks have a game Thursday versus Tampa Bay. Marleau was able to practice today, so we can probably expect he’ll play tomorrow.
“There’ll be two decisions on when he’ll play — the medical part but also the timing and conditioning part,” coach Todd McLellan said. “Those both have to be taken into consideration.”
Related: What’s going on with Brent Burns?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)