Nov 20, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours later, Patrick Marleau is still feeling the effects of a car accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon in San Jose. But, it sounds as if he’s fortunate that the two-car collision wasn’t worse.
“I was just driving on a side street, and a guy pulled out right in front of me,” said Marleau, who was driving a Mercedes SUV. “I didn’t have much time to react. I just hammered on the brakes, and went right into the side of him.”
The Sharks have a game Thursday versus Tampa Bay. Marleau was able to practice today, so we can probably expect he’ll play tomorrow.
“There’ll be two decisions on when he’ll play — the medical part but also the timing and conditioning part,” coach Todd McLellan said. “Those both have to be taken into consideration.”
Related: What’s going on with Brent Burns?
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)