Nov 20, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours later, Patrick Marleau is still feeling the effects of a car accident that occurred on Tuesday afternoon in San Jose. But, it sounds as if he’s fortunate that the two-car collision wasn’t worse.
“I was just driving on a side street, and a guy pulled out right in front of me,” said Marleau, who was driving a Mercedes SUV. “I didn’t have much time to react. I just hammered on the brakes, and went right into the side of him.”
The Sharks have a game Thursday versus Tampa Bay. Marleau was able to practice today, so we can probably expect he’ll play tomorrow.
“There’ll be two decisions on when he’ll play — the medical part but also the timing and conditioning part,” coach Todd McLellan said. “Those both have to be taken into consideration.”
Related: What’s going on with Brent Burns?
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)