Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Ottawa turns to Anderson
Losers in three of their last four, the Senators will give Craig Anderson the start on Wednesday against Minnesota.
Anderson, who sat as backup Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Philly last night, will reclaim the net in the hopes of turning his season around. The 32-year-old veteran is just 5-6-2 on the year with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage.
It’s unclear who Anderson will face tonight. The Wild are expected to give Darcy Kuemper just his second start of the year, but that decision has yet to be confirmed.
New Jersey going with Brodeur
Martin Brodeur gets the nod for the Devils tonight as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Brodeur, 41, has been on fire as of late, having won four in a row and six of his last seven (boasting a 1.15 GAA and .952 save percentage over that stretch). The future Hall of Famer stopped 27 of 28 shots in a win over Pittsburgh on Saturday and tonight’s game will be his fourth start in five games.
Anaheim has yet to announce its starter for tonight, but Jonas Hiller is considered likely to be in when the puck drops.
— Sergei Bobrovsky will be back in goal for Columbus tonight after getting hooked during Tuesday’s 7-0 shellacking by Edmonton. He’ll go up against Calgary’s Reto Berra, who stopped 43 of 47 shots in his last outing, a win over the Jets.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 44
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)