Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ottawa turns to Anderson
Losers in three of their last four, the Senators will give Craig Anderson the start on Wednesday against Minnesota.
Anderson, who sat as backup Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Philly last night, will reclaim the net in the hopes of turning his season around. The 32-year-old veteran is just 5-6-2 on the year with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage.
It’s unclear who Anderson will face tonight. The Wild are expected to give Darcy Kuemper just his second start of the year, but that decision has yet to be confirmed.
New Jersey going with Brodeur
Martin Brodeur gets the nod for the Devils tonight as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Brodeur, 41, has been on fire as of late, having won four in a row and six of his last seven (boasting a 1.15 GAA and .952 save percentage over that stretch). The future Hall of Famer stopped 27 of 28 shots in a win over Pittsburgh on Saturday and tonight’s game will be his fourth start in five games.
Anaheim has yet to announce its starter for tonight, but Jonas Hiller is considered likely to be in when the puck drops.
– Sergei Bobrovsky will be back in goal for Columbus tonight after getting hooked during Tuesday’s 7-0 shellacking by Edmonton. He’ll go up against Calgary’s Reto Berra, who stopped 43 of 47 shots in his last outing, a win over the Jets.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)