Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Ottawa turns to Anderson
Losers in three of their last four, the Senators will give Craig Anderson the start on Wednesday against Minnesota.
Anderson, who sat as backup Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Philly last night, will reclaim the net in the hopes of turning his season around. The 32-year-old veteran is just 5-6-2 on the year with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage.
It’s unclear who Anderson will face tonight. The Wild are expected to give Darcy Kuemper just his second start of the year, but that decision has yet to be confirmed.
New Jersey going with Brodeur
Martin Brodeur gets the nod for the Devils tonight as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Brodeur, 41, has been on fire as of late, having won four in a row and six of his last seven (boasting a 1.15 GAA and .952 save percentage over that stretch). The future Hall of Famer stopped 27 of 28 shots in a win over Pittsburgh on Saturday and tonight’s game will be his fourth start in five games.
Anaheim has yet to announce its starter for tonight, but Jonas Hiller is considered likely to be in when the puck drops.
– Sergei Bobrovsky will be back in goal for Columbus tonight after getting hooked during Tuesday’s 7-0 shellacking by Edmonton. He’ll go up against Calgary’s Reto Berra, who stopped 43 of 47 shots in his last outing, a win over the Jets.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)