Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ottawa turns to Anderson
Losers in three of their last four, the Senators will give Craig Anderson the start on Wednesday against Minnesota.
Anderson, who sat as backup Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Philly last night, will reclaim the net in the hopes of turning his season around. The 32-year-old veteran is just 5-6-2 on the year with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage.
It’s unclear who Anderson will face tonight. The Wild are expected to give Darcy Kuemper just his second start of the year, but that decision has yet to be confirmed.
New Jersey going with Brodeur
Martin Brodeur gets the nod for the Devils tonight as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Brodeur, 41, has been on fire as of late, having won four in a row and six of his last seven (boasting a 1.15 GAA and .952 save percentage over that stretch). The future Hall of Famer stopped 27 of 28 shots in a win over Pittsburgh on Saturday and tonight’s game will be his fourth start in five games.
Anaheim has yet to announce its starter for tonight, but Jonas Hiller is considered likely to be in when the puck drops.
– Sergei Bobrovsky will be back in goal for Columbus tonight after getting hooked during Tuesday’s 7-0 shellacking by Edmonton. He’ll go up against Calgary’s Reto Berra, who stopped 43 of 47 shots in his last outing, a win over the Jets.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (67)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)