Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ottawa turns to Anderson
Losers in three of their last four, the Senators will give Craig Anderson the start on Wednesday against Minnesota.
Anderson, who sat as backup Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 41 shots in a 5-2 loss to Philly last night, will reclaim the net in the hopes of turning his season around. The 32-year-old veteran is just 5-6-2 on the year with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage.
It’s unclear who Anderson will face tonight. The Wild are expected to give Darcy Kuemper just his second start of the year, but that decision has yet to be confirmed.
New Jersey going with Brodeur
Martin Brodeur gets the nod for the Devils tonight as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Brodeur, 41, has been on fire as of late, having won four in a row and six of his last seven (boasting a 1.15 GAA and .952 save percentage over that stretch). The future Hall of Famer stopped 27 of 28 shots in a win over Pittsburgh on Saturday and tonight’s game will be his fourth start in five games.
Anaheim has yet to announce its starter for tonight, but Jonas Hiller is considered likely to be in when the puck drops.
– Sergei Bobrovsky will be back in goal for Columbus tonight after getting hooked during Tuesday’s 7-0 shellacking by Edmonton. He’ll go up against Calgary’s Reto Berra, who stopped 43 of 47 shots in his last outing, a win over the Jets.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)