Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Filip Forsberg‘s tough season keeps getting tougher.
The 19-year-old Nashville forward will miss his third straight contest on Thursday with an upper-body injury, according to The Tennessean. Forsberg, who has already missed time this year to injury and an AHL demotion, hasn’t played since logging just under 10 minutes in a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Nov. 15, missing Nashville’s last two wins — a 7-2 victory over Chicago and a 2-0 shutout of Detroit.
Forsberg, the 11th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, showed great offensive promise in the preseason but has failed to replicate that production. He has just one goal and five points in 12 games, though he did show flashes while playing with AHL Milwaukee, scoring six points over a four-game stint.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25