Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Filip Forsberg‘s tough season keeps getting tougher.
The 19-year-old Nashville forward will miss his third straight contest on Thursday with an upper-body injury, according to The Tennessean. Forsberg, who has already missed time this year to injury and an AHL demotion, hasn’t played since logging just under 10 minutes in a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Nov. 15, missing Nashville’s last two wins — a 7-2 victory over Chicago and a 2-0 shutout of Detroit.
Forsberg, the 11th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, showed great offensive promise in the preseason but has failed to replicate that production. He has just one goal and five points in 12 games, though he did show flashes while playing with AHL Milwaukee, scoring six points over a four-game stint.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)