Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Filip Forsberg‘s tough season keeps getting tougher.
The 19-year-old Nashville forward will miss his third straight contest on Thursday with an upper-body injury, according to The Tennessean. Forsberg, who has already missed time this year to injury and an AHL demotion, hasn’t played since logging just under 10 minutes in a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Nov. 15, missing Nashville’s last two wins — a 7-2 victory over Chicago and a 2-0 shutout of Detroit.
Forsberg, the 11th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, showed great offensive promise in the preseason but has failed to replicate that production. He has just one goal and five points in 12 games, though he did show flashes while playing with AHL Milwaukee, scoring six points over a four-game stint.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20