Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Filip Forsberg‘s tough season keeps getting tougher.
The 19-year-old Nashville forward will miss his third straight contest on Thursday with an upper-body injury, according to The Tennessean. Forsberg, who has already missed time this year to injury and an AHL demotion, hasn’t played since logging just under 10 minutes in a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Nov. 15, missing Nashville’s last two wins — a 7-2 victory over Chicago and a 2-0 shutout of Detroit.
Forsberg, the 11th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, showed great offensive promise in the preseason but has failed to replicate that production. He has just one goal and five points in 12 games, though he did show flashes while playing with AHL Milwaukee, scoring six points over a four-game stint.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)