Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Filip Forsberg‘s tough season keeps getting tougher.
The 19-year-old Nashville forward will miss his third straight contest on Thursday with an upper-body injury, according to The Tennessean. Forsberg, who has already missed time this year to injury and an AHL demotion, hasn’t played since logging just under 10 minutes in a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Nov. 15, missing Nashville’s last two wins — a 7-2 victory over Chicago and a 2-0 shutout of Detroit.
Forsberg, the 11th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, showed great offensive promise in the preseason but has failed to replicate that production. He has just one goal and five points in 12 games, though he did show flashes while playing with AHL Milwaukee, scoring six points over a four-game stint.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)