Nov 20, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s leading scorer, Matt Duchene, won’t make the trip West for games Thursday and Saturday in Phoenix and Los Angeles, respectively.
Instead, Duchene will stay home and rehab the oblique injury that kept him out of last night’s 5-1 win over Chicago.
“There’s no point in rushing this,” Avs coach Patrick Roy said Wednesday, per the Denver Post. “We need him at 100 percent, and after skating today, he realized he would not be able to play.”
The Coyotes and Kings have both been tough to beat at home. Phoenix is 9-0-1 at Jobing.com Arena; L.A. is 8-3-0 at the Staples Center.
That said, the Avs have been pretty good on the road, racking up a 6-2-0 record away from the Pepsi Center, including wins in Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Last night against the Blackhawks, Colorado rolled all four lines, with no one forward playing more than 20 minutes and only winger Patrick Bordeleau spending less than 10 minutes (9:47) on the ice.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)