Nov 20, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s leading scorer, Matt Duchene, won’t make the trip West for games Thursday and Saturday in Phoenix and Los Angeles, respectively.
Instead, Duchene will stay home and rehab the oblique injury that kept him out of last night’s 5-1 win over Chicago.
“There’s no point in rushing this,” Avs coach Patrick Roy said Wednesday, per the Denver Post. “We need him at 100 percent, and after skating today, he realized he would not be able to play.”
The Coyotes and Kings have both been tough to beat at home. Phoenix is 9-0-1 at Jobing.com Arena; L.A. is 8-3-0 at the Staples Center.
That said, the Avs have been pretty good on the road, racking up a 6-2-0 record away from the Pepsi Center, including wins in Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Last night against the Blackhawks, Colorado rolled all four lines, with no one forward playing more than 20 minutes and only winger Patrick Bordeleau spending less than 10 minutes (9:47) on the ice.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)