Nov 20, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s leading scorer, Matt Duchene, won’t make the trip West for games Thursday and Saturday in Phoenix and Los Angeles, respectively.
Instead, Duchene will stay home and rehab the oblique injury that kept him out of last night’s 5-1 win over Chicago.
“There’s no point in rushing this,” Avs coach Patrick Roy said Wednesday, per the Denver Post. “We need him at 100 percent, and after skating today, he realized he would not be able to play.”
The Coyotes and Kings have both been tough to beat at home. Phoenix is 9-0-1 at Jobing.com Arena; L.A. is 8-3-0 at the Staples Center.
That said, the Avs have been pretty good on the road, racking up a 6-2-0 record away from the Pepsi Center, including wins in Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Last night against the Blackhawks, Colorado rolled all four lines, with no one forward playing more than 20 minutes and only winger Patrick Bordeleau spending less than 10 minutes (9:47) on the ice.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 3
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)