Nov 20, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s leading scorer, Matt Duchene, won’t make the trip West for games Thursday and Saturday in Phoenix and Los Angeles, respectively.
Instead, Duchene will stay home and rehab the oblique injury that kept him out of last night’s 5-1 win over Chicago.
“There’s no point in rushing this,” Avs coach Patrick Roy said Wednesday, per the Denver Post. “We need him at 100 percent, and after skating today, he realized he would not be able to play.”
The Coyotes and Kings have both been tough to beat at home. Phoenix is 9-0-1 at Jobing.com Arena; L.A. is 8-3-0 at the Staples Center.
That said, the Avs have been pretty good on the road, racking up a 6-2-0 record away from the Pepsi Center, including wins in Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Last night against the Blackhawks, Colorado rolled all four lines, with no one forward playing more than 20 minutes and only winger Patrick Bordeleau spending less than 10 minutes (9:47) on the ice.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)