Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Chicago forward Bryan Bickell will undergo evaluation Wednesday for a lower-body injury — believed to be a leg issue — after leaving Tuesday’s 5-1 loss to Colorado following this incident:
The crash occurred midway through the first period, forcing Bickell from the game entirely. He finished with just four shifts for 2:22 time on ice.
Here’s more on what the future has in store, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Quenneville was unsure but cast doubt on Bickell’s status for the game Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Hawks have no spare forwards — defenseman Sheldon Brookbank played wing again with [Marian] Hossa out — and Quenneville said Hossa’s status, as well as salary-cap concerns, would determine if they recall a forward from Rockford.
‘‘We definitely have business decisions along with . . . hockey decisions and getting the right fit,’’ he said.
Bickell, 27, was off to an up-and-down start this season. While he has managed to score five goals through 21 games, he has just six points total and just one point in his last 11 games.
Bickell is in the first year of a four-year, $16 million extension signed with the ‘Hawks in July.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25