Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Chicago forward Bryan Bickell will undergo evaluation Wednesday for a lower-body injury — believed to be a leg issue — after leaving Tuesday’s 5-1 loss to Colorado following this incident:
The crash occurred midway through the first period, forcing Bickell from the game entirely. He finished with just four shifts for 2:22 time on ice.
Here’s more on what the future has in store, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Quenneville was unsure but cast doubt on Bickell’s status for the game Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Hawks have no spare forwards — defenseman Sheldon Brookbank played wing again with [Marian] Hossa out — and Quenneville said Hossa’s status, as well as salary-cap concerns, would determine if they recall a forward from Rockford.
‘‘We definitely have business decisions along with . . . hockey decisions and getting the right fit,’’ he said.
Bickell, 27, was off to an up-and-down start this season. While he has managed to score five goals through 21 games, he has just six points total and just one point in his last 11 games.
Bickell is in the first year of a four-year, $16 million extension signed with the ‘Hawks in July.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)