Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Chicago forward Bryan Bickell will undergo evaluation Wednesday for a lower-body injury — believed to be a leg issue — after leaving Tuesday’s 5-1 loss to Colorado following this incident:
The crash occurred midway through the first period, forcing Bickell from the game entirely. He finished with just four shifts for 2:22 time on ice.
Here’s more on what the future has in store, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Quenneville was unsure but cast doubt on Bickell’s status for the game Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Hawks have no spare forwards — defenseman Sheldon Brookbank played wing again with [Marian] Hossa out — and Quenneville said Hossa’s status, as well as salary-cap concerns, would determine if they recall a forward from Rockford.
‘‘We definitely have business decisions along with . . . hockey decisions and getting the right fit,’’ he said.
Bickell, 27, was off to an up-and-down start this season. While he has managed to score five goals through 21 games, he has just six points total and just one point in his last 11 games.
Bickell is in the first year of a four-year, $16 million extension signed with the ‘Hawks in July.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1