Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Chicago forward Bryan Bickell will undergo evaluation Wednesday for a lower-body injury — believed to be a leg issue — after leaving Tuesday’s 5-1 loss to Colorado following this incident:
The crash occurred midway through the first period, forcing Bickell from the game entirely. He finished with just four shifts for 2:22 time on ice.
Here’s more on what the future has in store, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Quenneville was unsure but cast doubt on Bickell’s status for the game Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Hawks have no spare forwards — defenseman Sheldon Brookbank played wing again with [Marian] Hossa out — and Quenneville said Hossa’s status, as well as salary-cap concerns, would determine if they recall a forward from Rockford.
‘‘We definitely have business decisions along with . . . hockey decisions and getting the right fit,’’ he said.
Bickell, 27, was off to an up-and-down start this season. While he has managed to score five goals through 21 games, he has just six points total and just one point in his last 11 games.
Bickell is in the first year of a four-year, $16 million extension signed with the ‘Hawks in July.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54