Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EST
Chicago forward Bryan Bickell will undergo evaluation Wednesday for a lower-body injury — believed to be a leg issue — after leaving Tuesday’s 5-1 loss to Colorado following this incident:
The crash occurred midway through the first period, forcing Bickell from the game entirely. He finished with just four shifts for 2:22 time on ice.
Here’s more on what the future has in store, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
Quenneville was unsure but cast doubt on Bickell’s status for the game Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Hawks have no spare forwards — defenseman Sheldon Brookbank played wing again with [Marian] Hossa out — and Quenneville said Hossa’s status, as well as salary-cap concerns, would determine if they recall a forward from Rockford.
‘‘We definitely have business decisions along with . . . hockey decisions and getting the right fit,’’ he said.
Bickell, 27, was off to an up-and-down start this season. While he has managed to score five goals through 21 games, he has just six points total and just one point in his last 11 games.
Bickell is in the first year of a four-year, $16 million extension signed with the ‘Hawks in July.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)