Nov 20, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
Semyon Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche ended their slump in a big way on Tuesday, topping the Chicago Blackhawks 5-1.
Varlamov got his 10th win of 2013-14, stopping 36 out of 37 shots. The Avalanche scored by committee, as John Mitchell, Paul Stastny, Cody McLeod, P.A. Parenteau and Gabriel Landeskog provided the goals.
While Colorado ended a three-game losing streak, the Blackhawks started off their seven-game “circus” road trip in a bad way. Corey Crawford was chased from the net, opening the door for Antti Raanta to get a little playing time (albeit under less-than-ideal circumstances).
Does this mean that the Avalanche are OK after all? And are the Blackhawks in for a fall of their own with this challenging trip? You know what to do in the comments.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)