Nov 20, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Semyon Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche ended their slump in a big way on Tuesday, topping the Chicago Blackhawks 5-1.
Varlamov got his 10th win of 2013-14, stopping 36 out of 37 shots. The Avalanche scored by committee, as John Mitchell, Paul Stastny, Cody McLeod, P.A. Parenteau and Gabriel Landeskog provided the goals.
While Colorado ended a three-game losing streak, the Blackhawks started off their seven-game “circus” road trip in a bad way. Corey Crawford was chased from the net, opening the door for Antti Raanta to get a little playing time (albeit under less-than-ideal circumstances).
Does this mean that the Avalanche are OK after all? And are the Blackhawks in for a fall of their own with this challenging trip? You know what to do in the comments.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54