Nov 20, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
Semyon Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche ended their slump in a big way on Tuesday, topping the Chicago Blackhawks 5-1.
Varlamov got his 10th win of 2013-14, stopping 36 out of 37 shots. The Avalanche scored by committee, as John Mitchell, Paul Stastny, Cody McLeod, P.A. Parenteau and Gabriel Landeskog provided the goals.
While Colorado ended a three-game losing streak, the Blackhawks started off their seven-game “circus” road trip in a bad way. Corey Crawford was chased from the net, opening the door for Antti Raanta to get a little playing time (albeit under less-than-ideal circumstances).
Does this mean that the Avalanche are OK after all? And are the Blackhawks in for a fall of their own with this challenging trip? You know what to do in the comments.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)