Nov 19, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan hinted yesterday that some roster changes could be on the horizon. Today, the changes started taking place.
From the Buffalo News:
Buffalo has started its mornings skate, and 19-year-old Mikhail Grigorenko is gone along with rookies Rasmus Ristolainen, Johan Larsson, Nikita Zadorov. Though no official word has come from the Sabres, sources say Ristolainen and Larsson have been sent to Rochester.
Zadorov is on his way to London of the Ontario Hockey League. Because he didn’t play 10 games — the NHL’s teenage tryout limit — the first year of his entry-level contract did not kick in.
Grigorenko’s situation is a bit trickier. While he can still be sent back to junior, his QMJHL team, the Quebec Remparts, already has two imports, and it’s not allowed any more. That means a trade will need to occur, either sending Grigorenko, or another import, to a different club.
No word yet who’s coming up from the AHL. Forward Luke Adam and d-man Brayden McNabb are two candidates. A third candidate is…
Update 11:39 a.m. ET
Grigorenko has been assigned to AHL Rochester on a conditioning stint, the Sabres announced.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)