Nov 19, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan hinted yesterday that some roster changes could be on the horizon. Today, the changes started taking place.
From the Buffalo News:
Buffalo has started its mornings skate, and 19-year-old Mikhail Grigorenko is gone along with rookies Rasmus Ristolainen, Johan Larsson, Nikita Zadorov. Though no official word has come from the Sabres, sources say Ristolainen and Larsson have been sent to Rochester.
Zadorov is on his way to London of the Ontario Hockey League. Because he didn’t play 10 games — the NHL’s teenage tryout limit — the first year of his entry-level contract did not kick in.
Grigorenko’s situation is a bit trickier. While he can still be sent back to junior, his QMJHL team, the Quebec Remparts, already has two imports, and it’s not allowed any more. That means a trade will need to occur, either sending Grigorenko, or another import, to a different club.
No word yet who’s coming up from the AHL. Forward Luke Adam and d-man Brayden McNabb are two candidates. A third candidate is…
Update 11:39 a.m. ET
Grigorenko has been assigned to AHL Rochester on a conditioning stint, the Sabres announced.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)