Nov 19, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
Even when the Buffalo Sabres lose, the tenor seems to be a little more positive. (Or at least there’s more effort being made to spin things in an optimistic direction.)
The Sabres dropped a hardly surprising 4-1 loss to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday. Instead of fuming about being outclassed, Sabres head coach Ted Nolan said all the right things, as the Buffalo News’ John Vogl and Mike Harrington report.
“We got a good lesson,” Nolan said. “I think our youth really showed tonight. This is one of the better teams in the NHL and it really showed your flaws.”
So far, the Nolan trajectory might be ideal for Buffalo: a win here or there, but ultimately it’s been about optimism in the light of a loss-heavy rebuild.
Will Nolan be able to stay amid the change-up? The CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that Pat LaFontaine will probably leave that decision to whoever takes over the GM gig.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)