Nov 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Marleau, 34, of Saratoga, was traveling on W. Taylor Street when his Mercedes SUV collided with another vehicle.
The conditions of the others involved in the accident is unknown at this time.
The Sharks quickly released a statement via Twitter:
#SJSharks forward Patrick Marleau is doing fine and was not injured after he was involved in a car accident in San Jose earlier today.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) November 19, 2013
KRON subsequently posted this photo of the incident (do note the vehicle depicted is not Marleau’s):
Update: Here’s another image of the scene with Marleau’s vehicle, from KRON’s Grant Lodes:
Marleau is off to a solid start this year, scoring 20 points in 21 games while sitting second among all Sharks in goals, with 10.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36