Nov 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Marleau, 34, of Saratoga, was traveling on W. Taylor Street when his Mercedes SUV collided with another vehicle.
The conditions of the others involved in the accident is unknown at this time.
The Sharks quickly released a statement via Twitter:
#SJSharks forward Patrick Marleau is doing fine and was not injured after he was involved in a car accident in San Jose earlier today.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) November 19, 2013
KRON subsequently posted this photo of the incident (do note the vehicle depicted is not Marleau’s):
Update: Here’s another image of the scene with Marleau’s vehicle, from KRON’s Grant Lodes:
Marleau is off to a solid start this year, scoring 20 points in 21 games while sitting second among all Sharks in goals, with 10.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)