Nov 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Marleau, 34, of Saratoga, was traveling on W. Taylor Street when his Mercedes SUV collided with another vehicle.
The conditions of the others involved in the accident is unknown at this time.
The Sharks quickly released a statement via Twitter:
#SJSharks forward Patrick Marleau is doing fine and was not injured after he was involved in a car accident in San Jose earlier today.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) November 19, 2013
KRON subsequently posted this photo of the incident (do note the vehicle depicted is not Marleau’s):
Update: Here’s another image of the scene with Marleau’s vehicle, from KRON’s Grant Lodes:
Marleau is off to a solid start this year, scoring 20 points in 21 games while sitting second among all Sharks in goals, with 10.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)