Nov 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Marleau, 34, of Saratoga, was traveling on W. Taylor Street when his Mercedes SUV collided with another vehicle.
The conditions of the others involved in the accident is unknown at this time.
The Sharks quickly released a statement via Twitter:
#SJSharks forward Patrick Marleau is doing fine and was not injured after he was involved in a car accident in San Jose earlier today.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) November 19, 2013
KRON subsequently posted this photo of the incident (do note the vehicle depicted is not Marleau’s):
Update: Here’s another image of the scene with Marleau’s vehicle, from KRON’s Grant Lodes:
Marleau is off to a solid start this year, scoring 20 points in 21 games while sitting second among all Sharks in goals, with 10.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)