Nov 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EST
Marleau, 34, of Saratoga, was traveling on W. Taylor Street when his Mercedes SUV collided with another vehicle.
The conditions of the others involved in the accident is unknown at this time.
The Sharks quickly released a statement via Twitter:
#SJSharks forward Patrick Marleau is doing fine and was not injured after he was involved in a car accident in San Jose earlier today.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) November 19, 2013
KRON subsequently posted this photo of the incident (do note the vehicle depicted is not Marleau’s):
Update: Here’s another image of the scene with Marleau’s vehicle, from KRON’s Grant Lodes:
Marleau is off to a solid start this year, scoring 20 points in 21 games while sitting second among all Sharks in goals, with 10.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54