Nov 19, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Edmonton will welcome defenseman Justin Schultz back into the lineup tonight when it hosts the Blue Jackets at Rexall.
Schultz, 23, has been out of action since suffering a groin injury against Toronto on Oct. 29. He’s proceeded to miss the Oilers’ last eight games, during which the club went 2-6-0.
Arguably the club’s top blueliner and a member of the NHL’s 2013 All-Rookie team, Schultz racked up 27 points in 48 games last year and was scoring at a similar clip this season, with 1G-6A through his first 14 games.
This promises to be a very important season for the former Anaheim draftee. Schultz is in the final year of a two-year, $7.55 million deal and will be a RFA in July. He’s projected to be a major part of the Oilers’ blueline moving forward, so it’ll be curious to see how he plays in his first-ever contract year.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Pittsburgh just lost back-to-back contests to Philadelphia.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds had two goals and an assist to reach the 50-point milestone.
Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Robin Lehner will play between the pipes instead.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Jhonas Enroth started for Buffalo on Saturday.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
He wasn’t having a bad game, but his teammates were.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Crosby and Malkin might get more playing time together as a result.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
The game starts at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Winnipeg is six points behind Dallas with 14 games to go.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
He’s been a big part of Tampa Bay’s success this season.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
He’ll rest instead.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Red Wings will be in a very bad place if they lose this one.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Philadelphia got a big win over Pittsburgh on Saturday.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
The Battle of California.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Columbus comes away with the win.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s been a while.
Mar 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Stick on the ice.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Tied it up with less than a second left.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Penguins GM, Ray Shero, was on hand as Philadelphia honored to his father.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
He didn’t score in that photo. That’s just a good action photo.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 0
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)