Nov 19, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators are one of the “five or six” teams who might be interested in trading for struggling New York Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun.
The Senators are in search of their identity, but more specifically, a puck-moving blueliner would be nice.
Del Zotto, 23, has had his ups and downs with New York, drawing praise for his offensive output and criticism for his work in the defensive end. He has a 37 and 41-point season on his resume, but has also been -20 before in his career.*
Ottawa parted ways with an older (and probably superior) version of Del Zotto in Sergei Gonchar this past summer, so maybe vaunted Sens head coach Paul MacLean could bring the best out of MDZ?
It would be an interesting scenario, although right now it’s not even official that the two sides are talking about a trade.
* – Of course, he was +20 in 2011-12. So … you might want to take that stat with a grain of salt.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)