Nov 19, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Is there a market for Martin Havlat?
Sure sounds like it.
According to Ottawa Sun sources, Senators GM Bryan Murray has talked to the Sharks about acquiring his former player — Havlat played in Ottawa from 2000-06 — but those same sources claim San Jose has also been approached by the New York Rangers, who also have interest.
Havlat missed the first part of this season recovering from groin surgery and made his season debut on Oct. 30, appearing in seven games before Sharks head coach Todd McLellan made him a healthy scratch vs. Edmonton last Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said of the decision to drop Havlat from the lineup. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal and, according to CapGeek, does have a no-movement clause.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (46)