Nov 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Now that head coach Craig Berube seems to be settling in, one cannot help but imagine GM Paul Holmgren and the rest of the Philadelphia Flyers getting itchy to make another move. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that such a hypothetical deal could very well include Brayden Schenn. (Video here.)
To clarify, Dreger didn’t say that the Flyers are shopping him heavily or are desperate to move him by any means. Still, if it means landing the blockbuster-type swap that Philly is addicted to, it sounds like they’d be open-minded.
Berube told CSNPhilly.com last week that the fairly hyped first-rounder might be turning a corner, and the numbers bare that out; he has a solid 12 points in 19 games and is throwing his body around like a Flyers forward is expected to (49 hits already).
Still, the 22-year-old will be a restricted free agent this summer, so that potential breakthrough might present the kind of price tag that the Flyers aren’t too comfortable with. Or, if they’re merely not convinced that he’s a difference-maker, they might want to sell him when his value is high. (The latter scenario seems hard to imagine for such a young player, mind you.)
As Dreger notes, Brayden is the Schenn brother who’s having the most success, as Luke Schenn finds himself as a regular healthy scratch and uncomfortable reminder of the James van Riemsdyk trade. That being said, Brayden would certainly bring significantly higher value back in a hypothetical trade, so it makes sense that his name is floating out there.
Really, with the Flyers, it seems like most trade scenarios are at least remotely feasible, right?
May 27, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Anaheim has a chance to advance to the Stanley Cup Final tonight.
May 27, 2015, 5:24 PM EDT
After just one year in Pittsburgh.
May 27, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
The ladies sure loved that guy.
May 27, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
One of the many decisions facing new GM Don Sweeney.
May 27, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final goes Friday at MSG.
May 27, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
The two men worked together for a season in New Jersey.
May 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tomas Fleischmann likely on his way out.
May 27, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
“We’re going to be embedded in this community.”
May 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
“I get the fact there were three goals that went in that were ugly. That’s the growth of a young player.”
May 27, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Either way, Kimmo Timonen is likely out.
May 27, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Rangers forward has had issues with it thus far.
May 27, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Former Panthers and Devils coach will take over a team that missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
May 27, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
Remember when AV called the youngster out?
May 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
“Our door is open for the Capitals, absolutely first and foremost.”
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Veteran center enjoyed something of a career revival with the Oilers last season.
May 27, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Chicago fans are hoping that dream includes a Game 6 win.
May 27, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Give some credit to his linemates, including “energizer bunny” J.T. Miller.
May 27, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Almost completely shut the door through two periods.
May 27, 2015, 12:09 AM EDT
Game 7. Friday in New York.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)