Nov 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators now have a two-game winning streak as of Tuesday, coming at the expense of the Detroit Red Wings’ seventh consecutive loss. The question is: do they also have at least a short-term answer in Marek Mazanec?
The largely unknown Czech goalie won his second game in a row, also getting his first career NHL shutout, as Nashville won 2-0. Mazanec made 27 saves in the process and has only allowed two goals in two games.
Just when people began to give up on Nashville, it seems like the Predators might be turning things around. After a Thursday road game against Toronto, they’ll enjoy six of seven games at home. That could be the kind of run that propels them right back into the thick of things.
It’s a dour night in Detroit, as the Red Wings can’t even take frustrating solace in a charity point. They also lost Danny DeKeyser to a shoulder injury, so … bad times.
At least the Predators can show them that things can go both ways, sometimes without much warning, in an NHL season.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)