Nov 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Nashville Predators now have a two-game winning streak as of Tuesday, coming at the expense of the Detroit Red Wings’ seventh consecutive loss. The question is: do they also have at least a short-term answer in Marek Mazanec?
The largely unknown Czech goalie won his second game in a row, also getting his first career NHL shutout, as Nashville won 2-0. Mazanec made 27 saves in the process and has only allowed two goals in two games.
Just when people began to give up on Nashville, it seems like the Predators might be turning things around. After a Thursday road game against Toronto, they’ll enjoy six of seven games at home. That could be the kind of run that propels them right back into the thick of things.
It’s a dour night in Detroit, as the Red Wings can’t even take frustrating solace in a charity point. They also lost Danny DeKeyser to a shoulder injury, so … bad times.
At least the Predators can show them that things can go both ways, sometimes without much warning, in an NHL season.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8