Nov 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Nashville Predators now have a two-game winning streak as of Tuesday, coming at the expense of the Detroit Red Wings’ seventh consecutive loss. The question is: do they also have at least a short-term answer in Marek Mazanec?
The largely unknown Czech goalie won his second game in a row, also getting his first career NHL shutout, as Nashville won 2-0. Mazanec made 27 saves in the process and has only allowed two goals in two games.
Just when people began to give up on Nashville, it seems like the Predators might be turning things around. After a Thursday road game against Toronto, they’ll enjoy six of seven games at home. That could be the kind of run that propels them right back into the thick of things.
It’s a dour night in Detroit, as the Red Wings can’t even take frustrating solace in a charity point. They also lost Danny DeKeyser to a shoulder injury, so … bad times.
At least the Predators can show them that things can go both ways, sometimes without much warning, in an NHL season.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (73)