Nov 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators now have a two-game winning streak as of Tuesday, coming at the expense of the Detroit Red Wings’ seventh consecutive loss. The question is: do they also have at least a short-term answer in Marek Mazanec?
The largely unknown Czech goalie won his second game in a row, also getting his first career NHL shutout, as Nashville won 2-0. Mazanec made 27 saves in the process and has only allowed two goals in two games.
Just when people began to give up on Nashville, it seems like the Predators might be turning things around. After a Thursday road game against Toronto, they’ll enjoy six of seven games at home. That could be the kind of run that propels them right back into the thick of things.
It’s a dour night in Detroit, as the Red Wings can’t even take frustrating solace in a charity point. They also lost Danny DeKeyser to a shoulder injury, so … bad times.
At least the Predators can show them that things can go both ways, sometimes without much warning, in an NHL season.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)