Nov 19, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators now have a two-game winning streak as of Tuesday, coming at the expense of the Detroit Red Wings’ seventh consecutive loss. The question is: do they also have at least a short-term answer in Marek Mazanec?
The largely unknown Czech goalie won his second game in a row, also getting his first career NHL shutout, as Nashville won 2-0. Mazanec made 27 saves in the process and has only allowed two goals in two games.
Just when people began to give up on Nashville, it seems like the Predators might be turning things around. After a Thursday road game against Toronto, they’ll enjoy six of seven games at home. That could be the kind of run that propels them right back into the thick of things.
It’s a dour night in Detroit, as the Red Wings can’t even take frustrating solace in a charity point. They also lost Danny DeKeyser to a shoulder injury, so … bad times.
At least the Predators can show them that things can go both ways, sometimes without much warning, in an NHL season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 8
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)