Nov 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The 31-year-old hasn’t really delivered on the potential the Habs were hoping to see when they grabbed him from the Calgary Flames back in 2011-12. He was a three-time 20+ goal scorer with Calgary, but has peaked at 13 points with Montreal so far (during 27 games last season).
Injuries have been a big issue, with concussion problems looming largest.
Perhaps that injury has been slowing him down, as he hasn’t scored in his last five games and only collected a goal in his last eight.
Either way, the team will be without him against Minnesota tonight.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28