Nov 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
The 31-year-old hasn’t really delivered on the potential the Habs were hoping to see when they grabbed him from the Calgary Flames back in 2011-12. He was a three-time 20+ goal scorer with Calgary, but has peaked at 13 points with Montreal so far (during 27 games last season).
Injuries have been a big issue, with concussion problems looming largest.
Perhaps that injury has been slowing him down, as he hasn’t scored in his last five games and only collected a goal in his last eight.
Either way, the team will be without him against Minnesota tonight.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17