Nov 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The 31-year-old hasn’t really delivered on the potential the Habs were hoping to see when they grabbed him from the Calgary Flames back in 2011-12. He was a three-time 20+ goal scorer with Calgary, but has peaked at 13 points with Montreal so far (during 27 games last season).
Injuries have been a big issue, with concussion problems looming largest.
Perhaps that injury has been slowing him down, as he hasn’t scored in his last five games and only collected a goal in his last eight.
Either way, the team will be without him against Minnesota tonight.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)