Nov 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The 31-year-old hasn’t really delivered on the potential the Habs were hoping to see when they grabbed him from the Calgary Flames back in 2011-12. He was a three-time 20+ goal scorer with Calgary, but has peaked at 13 points with Montreal so far (during 27 games last season).
Injuries have been a big issue, with concussion problems looming largest.
Perhaps that injury has been slowing him down, as he hasn’t scored in his last five games and only collected a goal in his last eight.
Either way, the team will be without him against Minnesota tonight.
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 0
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 6
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)