Nov 19, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
The 31-year-old hasn’t really delivered on the potential the Habs were hoping to see when they grabbed him from the Calgary Flames back in 2011-12. He was a three-time 20+ goal scorer with Calgary, but has peaked at 13 points with Montreal so far (during 27 games last season).
Injuries have been a big issue, with concussion problems looming largest.
Perhaps that injury has been slowing him down, as he hasn’t scored in his last five games and only collected a goal in his last eight.
Either way, the team will be without him against Minnesota tonight.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)