Nov 19, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Michael Grabner‘s tough campaign looks like it’s about to get even tougher.
Grabner, the speedy Isles winger, appears to be a healthy scratch for tonight’s contest against Toronto, according to Newsday.
Update: He’s out, as per head coach Jack Capuano.
The 26-year-old Austrian — who’s scored 70 goals in three seasons with the Isles — has just two tallies through 19 games this year and is only averaging 14:35 TOI per game, his lowest since joining the team. He’s also missed a pair of games to suspension for an illegal check to the head of Carolina’s Nathan Gerbe and is currently mired in an awful slump, having failed to score a point in 12 games.
(What’s more, Grabner hasn’t found the back of the net in 18 straight. Both his goals this year came in a season-opening victory over the Devils.)
Vanek is definitely out, according to Newsday, and Grabner didn’t even take regular line rushes with the team during the morning skate — further suggesting he’ll be out of the lineup tonight.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)