Nov 19, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Michael Grabner‘s tough campaign looks like it’s about to get even tougher.
Grabner, the speedy Isles winger, appears to be a healthy scratch for tonight’s contest against Toronto, according to Newsday.
Update: He’s out, as per head coach Jack Capuano.
The 26-year-old Austrian — who’s scored 70 goals in three seasons with the Isles — has just two tallies through 19 games this year and is only averaging 14:35 TOI per game, his lowest since joining the team. He’s also missed a pair of games to suspension for an illegal check to the head of Carolina’s Nathan Gerbe and is currently mired in an awful slump, having failed to score a point in 12 games.
(What’s more, Grabner hasn’t found the back of the net in 18 straight. Both his goals this year came in a season-opening victory over the Devils.)
Vanek is definitely out, according to Newsday, and Grabner didn’t even take regular line rushes with the team during the morning skate — further suggesting he’ll be out of the lineup tonight.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)