Nov 19, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The New York Islanders seemed to make a statement by trading for Thomas Vanek, but that gamble seems like a bad risk as of Tuesday night. The team apparently received a good tongue-lashing following Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, as Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston passes along:
The #isles dressing room remains closed following 5-2 loss in Toronto.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that any juicy quotes flew outside of the dressing room, to the press. So just imagine Jack Capuano shouting at everyone (preferably looking like this).
The Islanders have now lost six of their last eight games, with a 3-1 victory against the Nashville Predators representing their only regulation victory since beating Boston 3-1 on Nov. 2.
Kevin Poulin allowed five goals on 24 shots, forcing observers to wonder if GM Garth Snow is done making bold deals.
If he is, should he think about such an option, instead?
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)