Nov 19, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The New York Islanders seemed to make a statement by trading for Thomas Vanek, but that gamble seems like a bad risk as of Tuesday night. The team apparently received a good tongue-lashing following Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, as Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston passes along:
The #isles dressing room remains closed following 5-2 loss in Toronto.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that any juicy quotes flew outside of the dressing room, to the press. So just imagine Jack Capuano shouting at everyone (preferably looking like this).
The Islanders have now lost six of their last eight games, with a 3-1 victory against the Nashville Predators representing their only regulation victory since beating Boston 3-1 on Nov. 2.
Kevin Poulin allowed five goals on 24 shots, forcing observers to wonder if GM Garth Snow is done making bold deals.
If he is, should he think about such an option, instead?
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)