Nov 19, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The New York Islanders seemed to make a statement by trading for Thomas Vanek, but that gamble seems like a bad risk as of Tuesday night. The team apparently received a good tongue-lashing following Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, as Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston passes along:
The #isles dressing room remains closed following 5-2 loss in Toronto.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that any juicy quotes flew outside of the dressing room, to the press. So just imagine Jack Capuano shouting at everyone (preferably looking like this).
The Islanders have now lost six of their last eight games, with a 3-1 victory against the Nashville Predators representing their only regulation victory since beating Boston 3-1 on Nov. 2.
Kevin Poulin allowed five goals on 24 shots, forcing observers to wonder if GM Garth Snow is done making bold deals.
If he is, should he think about such an option, instead?
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)