Nov 19, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The New York Islanders seemed to make a statement by trading for Thomas Vanek, but that gamble seems like a bad risk as of Tuesday night. The team apparently received a good tongue-lashing following Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, as Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston passes along:
The #isles dressing room remains closed following 5-2 loss in Toronto.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that any juicy quotes flew outside of the dressing room, to the press. So just imagine Jack Capuano shouting at everyone (preferably looking like this).
The Islanders have now lost six of their last eight games, with a 3-1 victory against the Nashville Predators representing their only regulation victory since beating Boston 3-1 on Nov. 2.
Kevin Poulin allowed five goals on 24 shots, forcing observers to wonder if GM Garth Snow is done making bold deals.
If he is, should he think about such an option, instead?
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 14
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 9
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)