Nov 19, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The New York Islanders seemed to make a statement by trading for Thomas Vanek, but that gamble seems like a bad risk as of Tuesday night. The team apparently received a good tongue-lashing following Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs, as Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston passes along:
The #isles dressing room remains closed following 5-2 loss in Toronto.
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that any juicy quotes flew outside of the dressing room, to the press. So just imagine Jack Capuano shouting at everyone (preferably looking like this).
The Islanders have now lost six of their last eight games, with a 3-1 victory against the Nashville Predators representing their only regulation victory since beating Boston 3-1 on Nov. 2.
Kevin Poulin allowed five goals on 24 shots, forcing observers to wonder if GM Garth Snow is done making bold deals.
If he is, should he think about such an option, instead?
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 5
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)