Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
The NBC SN series “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” will present a fascinating look behind the scenes for the 2013-14 season, but one of the big questions appears to be: how much will teams like the New Jersey Devils cooperate?
The Newark Star-Ledger labels it the “ultimate test,” as the organization is “notoriously private.”
“It will be interesting to see how much liberty they have within our organization,” Martin Brodeur said. “That will be very interesting. It definitely will be different with other teams, no doubt about it. Our guys’ personalities won’t truly come out, besides Jags (Jaromir Jagr) maybe.”
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Tuesday that he’s still getting word about the process, but had one guarantee: there wouldn’t be f-bomb-laden tirades like HBO viewers absorbed during Bruce Boudreau’s 24/7 moments.
To get good material, it might come down to focusing on interesting characters like Jagr, as Patrik Elias explained.
“Oh, boy,” Elias said with a laugh. “I hope they pick the right guys. My life is not really exciting.”
So, note to cameramen: it might be best to focus on only one half of the “Czech connection.”
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)