Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
The NBC SN series “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” will present a fascinating look behind the scenes for the 2013-14 season, but one of the big questions appears to be: how much will teams like the New Jersey Devils cooperate?
The Newark Star-Ledger labels it the “ultimate test,” as the organization is “notoriously private.”
“It will be interesting to see how much liberty they have within our organization,” Martin Brodeur said. “That will be very interesting. It definitely will be different with other teams, no doubt about it. Our guys’ personalities won’t truly come out, besides Jags (Jaromir Jagr) maybe.”
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Tuesday that he’s still getting word about the process, but had one guarantee: there wouldn’t be f-bomb-laden tirades like HBO viewers absorbed during Bruce Boudreau’s 24/7 moments.
To get good material, it might come down to focusing on interesting characters like Jagr, as Patrik Elias explained.
“Oh, boy,” Elias said with a laugh. “I hope they pick the right guys. My life is not really exciting.”
So, note to cameramen: it might be best to focus on only one half of the “Czech connection.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 48
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (137)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)