Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The NBC SN series “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” will present a fascinating look behind the scenes for the 2013-14 season, but one of the big questions appears to be: how much will teams like the New Jersey Devils cooperate?
The Newark Star-Ledger labels it the “ultimate test,” as the organization is “notoriously private.”
“It will be interesting to see how much liberty they have within our organization,” Martin Brodeur said. “That will be very interesting. It definitely will be different with other teams, no doubt about it. Our guys’ personalities won’t truly come out, besides Jags (Jaromir Jagr) maybe.”
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Tuesday that he’s still getting word about the process, but had one guarantee: there wouldn’t be f-bomb-laden tirades like HBO viewers absorbed during Bruce Boudreau’s 24/7 moments.
To get good material, it might come down to focusing on interesting characters like Jagr, as Patrik Elias explained.
“Oh, boy,” Elias said with a laugh. “I hope they pick the right guys. My life is not really exciting.”
So, note to cameramen: it might be best to focus on only one half of the “Czech connection.”
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8