Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The NBC SN series “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” will present a fascinating look behind the scenes for the 2013-14 season, but one of the big questions appears to be: how much will teams like the New Jersey Devils cooperate?
The Newark Star-Ledger labels it the “ultimate test,” as the organization is “notoriously private.”
“It will be interesting to see how much liberty they have within our organization,” Martin Brodeur said. “That will be very interesting. It definitely will be different with other teams, no doubt about it. Our guys’ personalities won’t truly come out, besides Jags (Jaromir Jagr) maybe.”
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Tuesday that he’s still getting word about the process, but had one guarantee: there wouldn’t be f-bomb-laden tirades like HBO viewers absorbed during Bruce Boudreau’s 24/7 moments.
To get good material, it might come down to focusing on interesting characters like Jagr, as Patrik Elias explained.
“Oh, boy,” Elias said with a laugh. “I hope they pick the right guys. My life is not really exciting.”
So, note to cameramen: it might be best to focus on only one half of the “Czech connection.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5