Nov 19, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The NBC SN series “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” will present a fascinating look behind the scenes for the 2013-14 season, but one of the big questions appears to be: how much will teams like the New Jersey Devils cooperate?
The Newark Star-Ledger labels it the “ultimate test,” as the organization is “notoriously private.”
“It will be interesting to see how much liberty they have within our organization,” Martin Brodeur said. “That will be very interesting. It definitely will be different with other teams, no doubt about it. Our guys’ personalities won’t truly come out, besides Jags (Jaromir Jagr) maybe.”
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said on Tuesday that he’s still getting word about the process, but had one guarantee: there wouldn’t be f-bomb-laden tirades like HBO viewers absorbed during Bruce Boudreau’s 24/7 moments.
To get good material, it might come down to focusing on interesting characters like Jagr, as Patrik Elias explained.
“Oh, boy,” Elias said with a laugh. “I hope they pick the right guys. My life is not really exciting.”
So, note to cameramen: it might be best to focus on only one half of the “Czech connection.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)