Nov 19, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Marian Hossa tonight when they take on the Avalanche in Denver.
Hossa, 34, took Tuesday’s morning skate in the hopes of returning from a lower-body injury that’s cost him the last two contests, but quickly exited.
“(It was) close the last couple, three games,” head coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “I think they were all, ‘We’ll see,’ and we were hopeful he could play.”
Hossa, third on the team with nine goals this season, was hoping to re-join the team as it embarks on its annual “Circus Trip.” (The ‘Hawks head out on the road annually each fall/winter as the United Center is booked for the circus.) Chicago begins its seven-game road excursion tonight in Colorado before heading to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas and Phoenix.
All told, the ‘Hawks will play seven road games in 11 nights and close with a back-to-back against the Stars and Coyotes.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32