Nov 19, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Marian Hossa tonight when they take on the Avalanche in Denver.
Hossa, 34, took Tuesday’s morning skate in the hopes of returning from a lower-body injury that’s cost him the last two contests, but quickly exited.
“(It was) close the last couple, three games,” head coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “I think they were all, ‘We’ll see,’ and we were hopeful he could play.”
Hossa, third on the team with nine goals this season, was hoping to re-join the team as it embarks on its annual “Circus Trip.” (The ‘Hawks head out on the road annually each fall/winter as the United Center is booked for the circus.) Chicago begins its seven-game road excursion tonight in Colorado before heading to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas and Phoenix.
All told, the ‘Hawks will play seven road games in 11 nights and close with a back-to-back against the Stars and Coyotes.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)