Nov 19, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Marian Hossa tonight when they take on the Avalanche in Denver.
Hossa, 34, took Tuesday’s morning skate in the hopes of returning from a lower-body injury that’s cost him the last two contests, but quickly exited.
“(It was) close the last couple, three games,” head coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “I think they were all, ‘We’ll see,’ and we were hopeful he could play.”
Hossa, third on the team with nine goals this season, was hoping to re-join the team as it embarks on its annual “Circus Trip.” (The ‘Hawks head out on the road annually each fall/winter as the United Center is booked for the circus.) Chicago begins its seven-game road excursion tonight in Colorado before heading to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Dallas and Phoenix.
All told, the ‘Hawks will play seven road games in 11 nights and close with a back-to-back against the Stars and Coyotes.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 6
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 8
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)