Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have lost six games in a row. They’re trying to avoid number seven on Monday, but they already suffered a loss, as Danny DeKeyser left the game and won’t return with what’s believed to be a separated left shoulder.
DeKeyser suffered that injury after being hit by Nashville Predators forward Patric Hornqvist (who is normally the player getting injured). It seemed like a normal hit, only the 23-year-old hit the boards in an awkward way.
If this is more than a day-to-day thing, it would be rough for Detroit. Only Seth Jones is averaging more ice time among active rookies than DeKeyser’s 21:46 per game.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (74)