Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have lost six games in a row. They’re trying to avoid number seven on Monday, but they already suffered a loss, as Danny DeKeyser left the game and won’t return with what’s believed to be a separated left shoulder.
DeKeyser suffered that injury after being hit by Nashville Predators forward Patric Hornqvist (who is normally the player getting injured). It seemed like a normal hit, only the 23-year-old hit the boards in an awkward way.
If this is more than a day-to-day thing, it would be rough for Detroit. Only Seth Jones is averaging more ice time among active rookies than DeKeyser’s 21:46 per game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5