Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have lost six games in a row. They’re trying to avoid number seven on Monday, but they already suffered a loss, as Danny DeKeyser left the game and won’t return with what’s believed to be a separated left shoulder.
DeKeyser suffered that injury after being hit by Nashville Predators forward Patric Hornqvist (who is normally the player getting injured). It seemed like a normal hit, only the 23-year-old hit the boards in an awkward way.
If this is more than a day-to-day thing, it would be rough for Detroit. Only Seth Jones is averaging more ice time among active rookies than DeKeyser’s 21:46 per game.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 66
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)