Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have lost six games in a row. They’re trying to avoid number seven on Monday, but they already suffered a loss, as Danny DeKeyser left the game and won’t return with what’s believed to be a separated left shoulder.
DeKeyser suffered that injury after being hit by Nashville Predators forward Patric Hornqvist (who is normally the player getting injured). It seemed like a normal hit, only the 23-year-old hit the boards in an awkward way.
If this is more than a day-to-day thing, it would be rough for Detroit. Only Seth Jones is averaging more ice time among active rookies than DeKeyser’s 21:46 per game.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)