Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have lost six games in a row. They’re trying to avoid number seven on Monday, but they already suffered a loss, as Danny DeKeyser left the game and won’t return with what’s believed to be a separated left shoulder.
DeKeyser suffered that injury after being hit by Nashville Predators forward Patric Hornqvist (who is normally the player getting injured). It seemed like a normal hit, only the 23-year-old hit the boards in an awkward way.
If this is more than a day-to-day thing, it would be rough for Detroit. Only Seth Jones is averaging more ice time among active rookies than DeKeyser’s 21:46 per game.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7