Nov 19, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Rick Nash is back.
That was the word out of New York on Tuesday as the Rangers announced that Nash, out for the past 17 contests with a concussion, would be in the lineup for tonight’s tilt against the Bruins at MSG.
Concussed in the Rangers’ third game of the season on a high hit from Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, Nash has been sidelined as his team has performed a dramatic in-season turnaround.
The Rangers were 3-7-0 following a 2-0 loss to Montreal on Oct. 28 and appeared in disarray. Since then, though, the club has gone 7-3-0… but has struggled finding the back of the net.
New York has just three goals in its last three games and was shut out 1-0 by Los Angeles on Sunday. This is where Nash’s presence will give the Rangers perhaps the biggest boost — last year, he led the team in goals (21) and has scored 30-plus seven times.
As for storylines for tonight, it’s definitely worth noting Nash will be taking on the same Bruins team that concussed him last season. Boston’s Milan Lucic hit Nash during a game last February, one that forced the Rangers star to miss four games.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13