Nov 19, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Rick Nash is back.
That was the word out of New York on Tuesday as the Rangers announced that Nash, out for the past 17 contests with a concussion, would be in the lineup for tonight’s tilt against the Bruins at MSG.
Concussed in the Rangers’ third game of the season on a high hit from Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, Nash has been sidelined as his team has performed a dramatic in-season turnaround.
The Rangers were 3-7-0 following a 2-0 loss to Montreal on Oct. 28 and appeared in disarray. Since then, though, the club has gone 7-3-0… but has struggled finding the back of the net.
New York has just three goals in its last three games and was shut out 1-0 by Los Angeles on Sunday. This is where Nash’s presence will give the Rangers perhaps the biggest boost — last year, he led the team in goals (21) and has scored 30-plus seven times.
As for storylines for tonight, it’s definitely worth noting Nash will be taking on the same Bruins team that concussed him last season. Boston’s Milan Lucic hit Nash during a game last February, one that forced the Rangers star to miss four games.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11