Nov 18, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars won their third straight game last night, beating the Vancouver Canucks 2-1. Kari Lehtonen was fantastic, stopping 43 of 44 shots, but as far as the Canucks are concerned, he got a little help.
Henrik Sedin appeared to score what would have been a critical goal at 6:48 of the second period, but it was called off based on the belief that Daniel Sedin interfered with the play by making contact with Lehtonen.
You can watch Henrik’s overruled goal below:
As you just saw, Canucks coach John Tortorella was livid.
“It was a big play in the game,” Tortorella said after the game, according to the Calgary Sun. “I think we need to get the call right. … It was the wrong call.”
Henrik Sedin matched his bench boss’ conviction.
“It was a goal,” he said. “It was a goal. That’s the bottom line.”
Even Lehtonen admitted that he was surprised by the call. Of course, while it’s natural to wonder what might have been if a different decision had been made, it shouldn’t detract from the fact that Lehtonen had a good game and certainly did his part last night.
On top of that, Vancouver’s offense has been a recurring problem lately. They have recorded just one goal in each of their last four games and have consequently lost all of those matches.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Timing of the goal couldn’t have been better for San Jose.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Boston wins it on an odd goal.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
All Minny through two – except on the score board.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
His haters rejoice on Thursday (at least so far).
Apr 24, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Out of his control, however.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
L.A. looking to stave off elimination.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
“No hard feelings.”
Apr 24, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
More playoff hockey.
Apr 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
It’s due to flu-like symptoms for Detroit’s normal starter.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
This post will be updated if there’s a late swerve.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Whether Henrik Zetterberg can go or not.
Apr 24, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
He’s glad the former got some playoff reps, though.
Apr 24, 2014, 5:13 PM EDT
He sure looked yippy last night night in Columbus.
Apr 24, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
He led Frozen Four champion Union College in scoring this year.
Apr 24, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
Jim Benning’s name probably came up.
Apr 24, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
’12 first-rounder just wrapped another successful season with OHL Oshawa.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
“We know what to expect from him.”
Apr 24, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
“It’s our puck battles. It’s our willingness to play in those areas and make it a tough game. “
Apr 24, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Kings captain will play on the top line for tonight’s elimination game.
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 34
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)