Nov 18, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars won their third straight game last night, beating the Vancouver Canucks 2-1. Kari Lehtonen was fantastic, stopping 43 of 44 shots, but as far as the Canucks are concerned, he got a little help.
Henrik Sedin appeared to score what would have been a critical goal at 6:48 of the second period, but it was called off based on the belief that Daniel Sedin interfered with the play by making contact with Lehtonen.
You can watch Henrik’s overruled goal below:
As you just saw, Canucks coach John Tortorella was livid.
“It was a big play in the game,” Tortorella said after the game, according to the Calgary Sun. “I think we need to get the call right. … It was the wrong call.”
Henrik Sedin matched his bench boss’ conviction.
“It was a goal,” he said. “It was a goal. That’s the bottom line.”
Even Lehtonen admitted that he was surprised by the call. Of course, while it’s natural to wonder what might have been if a different decision had been made, it shouldn’t detract from the fact that Lehtonen had a good game and certainly did his part last night.
On top of that, Vancouver’s offense has been a recurring problem lately. They have recorded just one goal in each of their last four games and have consequently lost all of those matches.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Lindy Ruff says he’s OK.
Mar 10, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
He was last seen at practice in Saginaw, Mich.
Mar 10, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
Nathan MacKinnon slides into his center spot vs. Winnipeg.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Canucks GM pens letter to ticket holders.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Click for a video explanation.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 10, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
Dallas seems to be a good fit for the 22-year-old former Bruin.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“We have to keep scoring goals. We have to keep playing this way,” said Adam Henrique.
Mar 10, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
He meant he doesn’t want to be traded.
Mar 10, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Fire up the comments section!
Mar 10, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
But how does creating a long change in overtime sound?
Mar 10, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Starting tonight in Anaheim.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
A home game vs. Washington, which will also mark Dustin Penner’s return to Anaheim.
Mar 10, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
“It’s a bad position, I guess.”
Mar 10, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Veteran winger won’t play tonight vs. Phoenix.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
The 13th overall pick in the 2010 draft.
Mar 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Tough blow for Montreal.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
With Jay Beagle and Tom Wilson.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Deadline deal could end up being a masterstroke.
- Players leave ice after Peverley collapses on Stars bench 0
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 5
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 18
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)