Nov 18, 2013, 4:18 PM EST
The stage is being set for Saku Koivu‘s return.
Rakell, 20, appeared in six games for the Ducks during his recall assignment, playing a career-high 15:21 in a 6-2 win over Buffalo on Nov. 8. The former first-round pick (30th overall, 2011) also scored his first NHL point in the Sabres game.
As for Koivu, he’s a gametime decision tonight against Pittsburgh as both he and fellow injured forward Matt Beleskey only recently returned to practice. The veteran Finn has missed 10 straight games recovering from the concussion — suffered on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky — and would be a nice boost to a Ducks team looking to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46