Nov 18, 2013, 4:18 PM EST
The stage is being set for Saku Koivu‘s return.
Rakell, 20, appeared in six games for the Ducks during his recall assignment, playing a career-high 15:21 in a 6-2 win over Buffalo on Nov. 8. The former first-round pick (30th overall, 2011) also scored his first NHL point in the Sabres game.
As for Koivu, he’s a gametime decision tonight against Pittsburgh as both he and fellow injured forward Matt Beleskey only recently returned to practice. The veteran Finn has missed 10 straight games recovering from the concussion — suffered on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky — and would be a nice boost to a Ducks team looking to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11