Nov 18, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
The stage is being set for Saku Koivu‘s return.
Rakell, 20, appeared in six games for the Ducks during his recall assignment, playing a career-high 15:21 in a 6-2 win over Buffalo on Nov. 8. The former first-round pick (30th overall, 2011) also scored his first NHL point in the Sabres game.
As for Koivu, he’s a gametime decision tonight against Pittsburgh as both he and fellow injured forward Matt Beleskey only recently returned to practice. The veteran Finn has missed 10 straight games recovering from the concussion — suffered on a hit from Columbus’ Brandon Dubinsky — and would be a nice boost to a Ducks team looking to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)